Chapter 10: One step closer.

Recap

"I have never stopped loving you," I whisper and he pulls me in for another kiss. Things started getting heated before I pulled away again.

"We can't. At least not here," I whisper again blushing a deep red color.

He grabs my hand and laces our fingers together as we walk out of Central Park. We walk to a hotel which I am assuming is where he was staying. We enter the elevator and his lips find their way to mine. We exit the elevator and make our way to his room. He gently lays me on the bed before kissing me again. He backs away and looks me the eye as if he was asking for permission. I nod and he leans in again and kisses me. Before I become his again, I think about what am I going to do about Tristan?

A/N: That was a recap from chapter 9, however when the chapter continues, it is going to be from Sofie's POV and this continues from her meeting with Tristan. Enjoy!

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Sofie's POV

I walked out of the building with a huge smile on my face. I can't believe that I was going to become an author. I opened my car and got in. I sat there recalling what had occurred only a few minutes ago.

*Flashback begins* 

I walked into the building and approached the receptionist. She was a blonde woman, who looked like she was in her mid-forties. She seemed very busy and I stood there waiting until she was done. She must have noticed me because she looked up and gave me a cheerful smile. I smiled back before speaking.

"I am Sofie Brooks and I am here for my meeting with Tris..." I paused. " I mean Mr.Ryder. I am here for my meeting with Mr.Ryder," I said with a nervous smile.

"Give me a minute dear," she said before picking up the phone. I turned around and looked at the interior of the building. Even though I had been here before, I was too nervous before to notice anything.

"Mr.Ryder is not in yet, but you can take a seat over there until he gets here," she said with a smile, pointing to the other side of the room.

I thanked her before walking over to take a seat. I sat down and took out my phone. I went to my games and started playing Piano Tiles. I was on level 30 when I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up and was met by the most handsome man ever created. Instead of a white shirt, he was now wearing a red shirts with his black blazer over. He looked so handsome and powerful by one simple suit. He smiled at me and gestured toward the elevator. I got up and saw the receptionist smiling and waving at me. I smiled back before going into the elevator.

"Sorry I was late. I would have been early if someone didn't ruin my shirt," Tristan said breaking the silence.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't really paying attention," I replied.

I looked up and he was staring right at me. He looked lost. He looked as if he was trying to figure me out once again but what he didn't know was that I was trying to do the same. The elevator dinged and we exited on the 5th floor. The workers on the floor stood up and said good morning before sitting back down. Everything and everyone here was so well organized and prepared. I suddenly felt my palms sweating. What if my story wasn't good? What if this was the end of my dream?

"Come on in Sofie," Tristan said snapping me out of my trance.

I walked into his office and took a seat by his desk. He buttoned one of the buttons on his blazer before leaning against his desk. He looked at me and he studied my facial expression. I looked back at him with a more confident look. I felt scared but confident.