Epilogue

Epilogue

~Cannon: Age 23~

       "How was that?" I asked once Annalise and I finished singing the song. I found out not that long ago that Annalise was actually an amazing singer. I mean, seriously. My wife had an amazing voice and I didn't even know.

       Kevin thought that it would be cool for us to sing a song together for my album, so we did.

       "Uh, that was....good," Zander Millington said. He was outside of the recording booth, doing all that technical stuff. "How about you run it again?"

       "Really?" I asked. "I think it was fine."

       "It really was," Zander said. "But during the chorus, you got kind of pitchy."

       "What? No I didn't," I said.

       "You kind of did," Zander said.

       "I'm sorry, but who's the performer here?" I asked. "Oh, right. Me."

       "I'm sorry, but who's the son of the owner of this record label?" Zander asked. "Oh, right. Me."

       "I will punch you, little boy," I said, narrowing my eyes at him.

       "Oh, I'm so scared," Zander said sarcastically. "I'm just suggesting that you do the song one more time. That's it."

       "How about you sing it?" I asked. "Oh, right, you don't sing."

       Zander sighed and rubbed his forehead. "You asked me to help you with this song. I'm trying to help, but you're not listening. The chorus was pitchy and I'm just asking that you sing it one more time. Just one."

       I opened my mouth to object, but Annalise beat me to it. "We'll do it, okay?"

       "But...."

       "Cannon, just leave Zander alone," Annalise said. "I'm trusting him on this."

       "Thank you," Zander said. "See? Your wife is nicer than you."

       "Funny," I said, glaring at him. "Fine, we'll sing the song one more time." I hated this little kid. Zander was sweet and everything, but nobody questioned me.

       We sang the song one more time. When we finished, I looked at Zander. "Well?" I asked.

       "Was that so hard?" Zander asked. "That was great. Okay, we're done for the day. I'll lock up."

       "Thank goodness," I muttered as Annalise and I took off the headphones and hung them up.

       "Thanks for the help, Zander," Annalise said once we were out of the recording booth.

       "No problem," Zander said. "See you guys later."

       I intertwined my hand in Annalise's as we walked out of the recording studio and to the car. When we got home, I immediately went to the living room and sat on the couch as Annalise went upstairs. She came back downstairs caring what looked like a picture.

       Annalise sat down beside me. "I want to show you something," she said.

       "What is it?" I asked.

       She handed me the thing in her hand and I took it. It was definitely a picture, but I had no idea why she was showing this to me. "See that?" she asked, pointing to it. "That's our baby."

       I looked at Annalise. "Our....our baby? You're pregnant?"

       Annalise nodded with a smile. "Yeah. I am."