Chapter Two

Brassy flopped on her bed, in exhaustion. She was all set to get some well deserved sleep...

"Mission begins in sixty seconds!" a female voice called, snapping her out of her rest and jumping to her feet. Grabbing her tool belt and hardhat before rushing out the door, adrenalin rushing throughout her body as she prepared for her very first encounter with the REDs.

"Four, three, two, one," the female voice counted down. She reached her team just as the last few numbers were counting down.

"I was wondering if you were going to make it, Kid," Engineer smiled, assuringly "Just stick by somebody else and you'll be fine. I wouldn't suggest hanging out with Scout or Spy, though."

"Like I'd VANT a noob to be stalking meh evahrevere," Spy scoffed.

"Heeeeyyyy..." Scout realised. The gate opened and the BLUs rushed out of their base, resulting in witty remarks, gun shots and flowing blood everywhere. Engineer was quick to start building sentries near the intel, instructing Brassy to do the same a little way off. She got right to it and it was finished within moments, almost like she'd just perfected her building technique... Oh, wait.

"I see they brought in a new recruit," someone chuckled. She looked up to a roof and saw the RED scout in, possibly, the only spot out of the range of her sentry for a good distance.

"You don't look like you've been here long, yourself, Slugger," she noted, watching his every move as her sentry shot up REDs left and right "How the Hell'd ya get up there, anyway."

"It's called being a scout, Princess," he teased "I'm in high places, you see?"

"Ya... That was suckish," she grimaced.

"Call of your toy and I'll come down there and show you suckish," he smirked.

"Ya Eff'n perv," she hissed "This is exactly why I joined BLU team."

"Sure it is, Sweetheart," he disbelieved.

"You got a purpose, Slugger?" she demanded.

"Don't forget to reload your sentry!" Engineer reminded. She realised she had yet to do so and quickly whacked it to reload it.

"Dammit," Scout rumbled.

"Nice try, Slugger," she shook her head "But I've got a good team on my side."

"You aren't even out in the battlefield, Princess," he laughed, standing up "See ya around!" He hopped off the roof and dodged the bullets lunging at him from the sentries. She went pale at realising how easily he could have avoided them and went to adjust one.

"Mission ends in sixty seconds!" the female voice informed, counting down. Brassy sighed and looked off towards the direction RED Scout just went.