0.1 his voice

"I proposed to my partner last night." A soft and alluring voice make him look up from his book. Blue meets blue, Luke Hemmings smiles at the older man. "He said yes," the older man whispers as if he was telling a secret that the world does not need to know, yet.

The man who is sitting in front of him is his Sugar Daddy. A fine young man, nine years his senior. Louis Tomlinson is his name, or Luke casually calls him 'Daddy Tommo' (or when Luke's upset, he calls him 'Lewis' in a dull monotone which makes the elder man irritate).

..

They met six years ago when Luke was barely legal, a 16-year-old boy, timid and didn't know anything about the world, yet. Before the fortune event, Luke had been leaving in the dirty alley for eight months after his family had disowned him for being gay. It is sinful and God does not accept it, he can still remember his mother once said, yelled, at him after he told his family he liked boys.

He was hungry; he had not any proper meal for four days. He barely had the money to fill his growling stomach. Luke had not been feeling well since morning, his hands felt cold and they lost their colours and his head felt so heavy. His muscles felt stiff, his body felt weak all over. He did not feel good; he never had been ever since he walked out of his house.

Sitting against the cold brick wall, Luke thought it was his time. The time when he finally could leave this cruel world, to heaven. He scoffed, there was not such a place for a sinner like him. He could care less as long as he could leave this place in peace.

Luke pulled his knees even closer to his chest, and then he rested his throbbing head on top of it. He gradually shut his eyes and began to count backward from sixty to zero.

Forty-five.

Forty-four.

Forty-three.

Forty—

"—Are you alright?" The voice came out of nowhere, it was full of concern, yet it sounded like an angel whispering words to him. Luke never knew those simple words would sound so full affection and make his heart warm.

Luke hardly could open his eyes; he truly wanted to see who was touching his forehead with such gentleness. Even his mother rarely touched him in such way when he was sick.

"Hey, can you open your eyes, love?" Luke didn't know whether he was already in heaven or still sitting against the cold wall, that man's voice was angelic. He must be in heaven now; there was no way people wanted to touch a homeless boy beside an angel, he didn't want to open his eyes if he could listen to this angel's voice forever. Maybe God was kind enough to let a dirty sinner like him go to heaven after all.

Zero.

He was in heaven now.

..

He was not in heaven. The moment he opened his eyes, he could clearly make out he was in a room, a large one at that. The room was simple and neat; everything in the room was ivory, it gave warm and welcoming feelings.

Even the mattress he was laid in was the most comfortable material he had ever been; it was bigger than he once had. He could literally lie in this bed for the rest of his life, well if the owner did not mind.

Wait a moment, Luke told himself. He had no clue how he ended up here. Luke lifted the duvet and could see he was wearing a clean pyjama. He looked at his hands, then hissing as he realised an IV drip attached to his left hand. He noticed the gunk under his fingernails was now gone; his fingernails were clipped nicely. He reached his now clean hand to his face, the crud now was gone, his skin felt fresh and soft under his fingertips, and whoever did this to him was a very generous person, bless their kind soul.