Chapter 9

The humans got a box looking thing out of their pocket and started pressing stuff on it. The next thing she knew white boxes with blearing lights came rushing towards her. More humans came rushing out of the mysterious box and headed towards Star and Rocky. Star would've ran away from the humans but she still couldn't move. The humans picked them up gently, with plastic gloves around their hands. They lifted them into the van, and laid them down on a cushion. Star could barely breathe. Every part of her brain was telling her to run. Though, she just laid there.

The van started to make a "Vrooom, Rooom," sound. Then the van started to move. Rattling Star's bones as it clicked and clacked along the grey path ahead of them. The van made the most obnoxious sound, but Star just ignored it. Star was grateful for the humans help, but it was also quite frightening at the same time. Finally, after what seemed like hours they finally arrived at the destination.

The humans pulled a weird shaped handle, and the door popped open. The humans then turned around and magically opened the other door. Then they grabbed Rocky and Star. They brought them to the door of the animal hospital. The humans were walking right into the door without opening it. Then to their surprise the door flew open. They brought them into this dark, chilly room. The humans laid them on a table, and left them there. After what seemed like ages another human came into the room. She had something like a necklace around her neck. She also had a flat square with papers attached to it, and she had some kind of white thing all over her. When the human came over to them Rocky hissed at it. Though the human did not retaliate or get scared. It just kept on doing what it was doing. She was filling little bubbles on her clipboard. Then she started writing stuff that looked like gibberish to them. She left the room. Someone else came in the room. They had a bottle of pink liquid, and they had some tools they were carrying. It sat the tools and the pink liquid on the table. First, it grabbed a pen-like tool with a light at the end. It examined the cat's ears and mouths with it. Then the human put the tool back and grabbed another one. It took the necklace-like tool and put the end on Star's chest. Then it did the same thing with Rocky. It put the tool back. It then wrote it's observations on the flat square thing. Then it took some kind of stick and laid it on Star's tongue. It repeated on Rocky. It then threw the stick into a can. It wrote its observations down again. It repeated with all the other tools.

Then it poured the pink liquid into a bowl of cat food. Star didn't want to touch the disgusting glop, but she was so hungry she gobbled it up in no time. Rocky on the other hand wouldn't even look at the food. The human kept pushing the food towards Rocky, but he kept backing up whenever it gave him the food.

The human agitated left the room. It kept coming back to see if Rocky had ate the food yet.

"Rocky just eat it already!" Star whispered.

"I will never eat that pitiful, disgusting food!" Rocky meowed. 

Sighing,  Star laid her head back down on the table. She slumbered for a while. When she woke up Rocky's food bowl was empty.

"Did you eat the food?" Star asked.

"No, I just dumped the food into the can," Rocky replied.

The human came in excited that Rocky's food bowl was empty. It grabbed a big white roll. It grabbed Star's paw and began wrapping it in the white stuff. She tried to move her leg away from the human, but it was her broken leg.

The human then examined Rocky. It bandaged its tail. Star thought that one of Rocky's must be bones in his tail must be broken.