⎟ice cream⎟

"I shouldn't be jealous, you aren't even mine."

⎟⎟⎟⎟

Riley had rolled her eyes for probably the 20th time tonight. She was having an awful date. Dave had asked her out a few days ago and she thought why not go on a date with him. How bad could it be? So bad. It's not like Dave's a terrible person or anything, he's just so boring. And he doesn't like basketball. Who the hell doesn't like basketball? This doesn't feel right. Riley's thoughts spun around in her head as the movie continued. He had even picked a boring movie. She wanted to see Captain America: Civil War. Lucas wanted to see that movie too. At the thought of Lucas she smiled. This date would be so much better if Lucas was here. They could talk about the Knick's game and fight about whether Captain America or Iron Man is better. They'd share popcorn and chocolate. Riley thought that sounded really good. She quickly shook that thought away though. Lucas only wanted to be friends.

When the movie finally ended Riley pretended to get a text from her parents and quickly left. She didn't feel like going home yet, so she went to a place she felt safe.

⎟⎟⎟⎟

Lucas was sitting in his house all alone staring at a wall. His family was out having dinner and he decided to stay home. All he could think about was Riley. He wondered how her date was going with that stupid Dave guy. Honestly he hoped it was going terribly. Lucas wanted her to be happy of course, but the thought of her on a date didn't sit well with him. He thought she deserved better than Dave. She deserves better than himself. Riley deserves someone who can give her the world. Stop being jealous she's not even yours, he yelled at himself. His thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell. He got up and went to go answer the door.

"Hey." Riley said, and shuffled past him to the couch in the living room. "God I love your couch."

I chuckled lightly and say next to her. "How was your date?"

She sighed dramatically and rolled her eyes. "Terrible."

"What happened?"

"We went to a movie and it was so boring. And you know what else? Dave doesn't like basketball!"

"Who the hell doesn't like basketball?"

"Exactly what I thought." Riley laid her head back on the pillow and had a sad expression. "I just wanted a good date."

Lucas touched her cheek and she blushed lightly. "I don't like it when my Riles is sad. Let's go out and get ice cream. That always cheers you up."

"Alright."

⎟⎟⎟⎟

"I say we get the special. It's like a million different flavors on one plate! What a time to be alive."

"Okay. One special please." Lucas ordered and they sat down at a table.

Their order was called and they got their plate full of ice cream. They had comfortable conversation and had contests to see who could eat the most. Riley turned her head to look out the window and Lucas noticed the dark light from outside framed her face perfectly. He also noticed a hint of strawberry ice cream at the corner of her mouth. His hand gently wiped the ice cream away but his hand stayed where it was dangerously close to her lips. Riley turned to look at him and saw Lucas looking so tenderly at her. In that moment Riley did something she'd probably regret in the long run but she needed to feel his lips on hers.

They both leaned forward. Their lips met and they both were thinking about how right it felt.

When air became an issues they pulled back. They looked into each other's eyes and Lucas tucked a piece of her behind her ear.

"I'm really glad you had a bad date."

"Me too."

⎟⎟⎟⎟

I hope you guys liked this! Should I continue these? If you have a suggestion for a one shot please comment!