⎟i'll be good⎟

"For all of light that I shut out. For all of the innocent things that I doubt. For all the bruises I've caused and the tears."

⎟⎟⎟⎟

The rain was somewhat comforting as he walked down the street. Small raindrops fell to the sidewalks. As they splattered on to the concrete it reminded Lucas of tears that he saw land on the floor of the school hallway. The tears that fell from the pretty brunette with the most gorgeous brown eyes. He broke her. He told her he didn't love her anymore, but God how untrue that was.

All he wanted to do was give her a chance to be on her own. He figured he could break up with her and she'd get over it eventually. Soon she'd realize he was doing her a favor. She would be better off without him. He wasn't good enough for her. He held her back. She should be able to go to the college of her dreams and accomplish her goals without having to worry about him. Riley Matthews was going to change the world, with or without him in it.

It was at that moment, rain hitting his face and the loud parade of traffic noises, it finally sunk in. What the hell had he done? He wasn't going to be okay. He needed her. He needed to be in her world because without Riley, Lucas felt like he couldn't breathe. He wanted to good enough for her. He wanted to be good.

Before he knew it he was running as fast as he could to Riley's home.

⎟⎟⎟⎟

The raindrops tapped against her window. They fell in harmony with her tears. Riley was sitting in her bay window watching the taxis speed past and watching the rain fall to the ground. It was the kind of weather that made you think about your life. All the mistakes you've made, regrets. The weather also made you miss the people that used to be in your life. What happened to those people? Why did they have to leave?

With that a fresh new batch of tears rolled down her cheeks. She wished she be could be stronger during all this, but she needed a minute to let the tears fall freely.

The worst part was that Riley still loved him. Why couldn't she hate him? She so desperately wanted to hate and forget about him but every time she closed her eyes she saw a stunning dark green, deep as a forest that was bound to be explored.

She hoped with all her heart that he'd come back. That'd he run in the rain just to get her back. But that wasn't going to happen, she thought knowing that only happened in movies and books.

Then she saw someone running toward her building. As the person got closer she saw dark blonde hair and a blue sweatshirt.

Lucas Friar.

Riley slowly lifted her window as he got closer.

"Lucas?" Her voice was soft and quiet but he could hear it.

"Riles?" He couldn't believe this was actually happening. His Riley was right there tear stains on her cheeks. "I'm so sorry. So sorry. I didn't want to hold you back. You deserve so much better than me Riley Matthews. Because you're innocent and the sun and I'm just a guy that screws up a lot. A lot. But I love you. I've never loved anyone like I love you. I want to good enough for you. I'll do it for you. I'll be good."

Riley felt tears in her eyes. She shout the window and ran to the front door.

Lucas heard the front door unlock and looked over to see Riley running towards him. She jumped into his arms. They kissed as the rain fell and taxis honked. It was a warm and loving kiss that felt like they silenced the world around them.

After a while they pulled back and rested there foreheads against each other.

"I love you Lucas but sometimes you're a real dickhead."

Lucas shook his head smiling. "So am I forgiven?"

"As long as you promise never to do something that stupid again. Do you know how much I've cried tonight?"

He kissed her head and gently wiped away a tear that had fallen. "I'll never hurt you again. I can promise that."

"I love you dickhead."

"I love you too princess."

⎟⎟⎟⎟

How was this? I know it was super cheesy but I was feeling it. If you have a suggestion for a one shot comment!