Chapter 32- The Three of Us

Iris's P.O.V.

Jeff and I were relaxing. He rubbed his forehead for a minute. "God, Iris... Can't believe how long it's been." This confused me.

"Since what?" I asked.

"Since you came into my life. It's been a long trip with you, but... I'm more than happy I took it." Jeff and I smiled at each other for a minute.

"Well... So am I." I kissed his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me.

"Remember when you kicked me in the dick...? I do... I remember that..." I laughed.

"It's amazing that I was able to get pregnant after that. I figured you'd be sterile."

"Oh, and who could forger Zach... What a prick." I laughed.

"I'm sure glad he's dead."

I yawned pretty loudly. "Get some sleep, Iris."

I slowly felt my eyes close and I drifted off into sleep. It was a quiet, dreamless sleep. Everything felt so serene, so at peace. It made me feel as though I was in heaven. Everything was dark, calm, and quiet.

When I woke up, I stood. Jeff was sleeping a few feet away, his eyes open. It always creeped me out when he did that. He seriously needed to wear his sleep mask more.

Suddenly, I felt my pants become wet. I pissed myself...? It took me a minute to figure out what was happening. My eyes went huge as I walked over to Jeff.

"Jeff! Get up!" I screamed as I shook him.

"What is it?" he asked groggily.

"Your fucking kid is coming!" I snapped.

He shot up. "Oh my god! O-o-o-o-okay. I'll get you to Slender Man's house. There, Karen will be able to help us." Jeff lifted me up. I felt a pain in my stomach. Contractions.

"Hurry!" I cried.

Jeff ran at a brisk pace to Slender Man's house. Everything we passed felt like a blur. I was crying as we ran. It fucking hurt! I'd been stabbed before and it wasn't this painful. Even with the physical pain, I was still happy.

When we were at the house, Jeff rushed up the porch steps and used his foot to bang on the door as loud as he could. Karen opened it up and stared at us for a minute before she realized what was happening.

"Jeff, hand her to me." My boyfriend put me in her arms and she carried me to a bedroom. He followed and stood right by me. He felt his hand wrap around mine and looked up to see him smiling. I took a deep breath.

"Jeff, you'd be a great help if you took Iris's pants and underwear." Jeff nodded and took them off as quick as he could. Slender Man teleported into the room. He stared at me for a minute, then realized what was happening.

"What can I do?" he asked. "Um... Get me a towel, blanket, sheet, anything to wrap the baby in." Slender Man teleported out.

"Jeff, hold Iris's hand. It may calm her." Jeff's fingers were intertwined within mine before she'd finished.

"Okay. Now... Let's start. Come on, Iris." I nodded and did my best, pushing as hard as I could. My face must've been turning red. I was crying and sweating like a whore in confession.

"I can see it Iris, come on. Keep going." Karen instructed. I screamed loudly and pushed again, likely breaking Jeff's hand.

"One more time, almost there.

This was it. I'd waited nine months for this. I felt tears pour down as I screamed out. Jeff's grip around my hand tightened and I squeezed back.

When I was finished, I shut my eyes. I'd never been more tired. Sleep was earned. Once again, it was dreamless and quiet. Like I was in a dark room filled with nothing but air.

When my eyes opened, Jeff was standing in front of me. He looked like he was holding back tears. Something wrapped in a blue blanket laid in his arms. "Iris..." he whispered. I felt a smile come to my face. "Is this our baby?" I asked. He took a deep breath. "I love you very much... And this isn't your fault. Please... I have to talk with you. You may not like what I have to tell you, but it wouldn't be right coming from anyone else."

He took my hand. "Iris... Our baby was born... But he wasn't breathing. He was a stillborn." This took a minute to sink in. I just let everything around me disappear. This was too much. It had to be a sick dream. Maybe when I woke up, my baby would be in my arms. I closed my eyes and opened them again and again. Every time they opened, it was Jeff staring at me. This wasn't a dream. This really happened. My baby was really dead.

Nine months. I'd waited nine months, prepared a nursery, gotten excited, prepared myself for motherhood, all to have my baby be born dead? Babies aren't supposed to be born dead! They were supposed to be tiny, pink, and crying. Why? Why did this happen to me? What did I do?

All I could do was let tears flow down in a fast trickle as I stood frozen. I didn't want to move. I didn't want to breath. I didn't even want to blink. I just wanted everything to disappear.

When I finally moved, all I could do was cry endlessly into my hands. Jeff wrapped his arms around me and rocked me.

"Iris... Would you like to hold him?" he asked softly. I looked at the still bundle. If I didn't, I would regret not seeing my own child. If I did, my pain would worsen. Sadly, I nodded. He handed me the silent blanket. I looked in to see a silver haired little boy with his eyes closed. I traced my hand through his soft baby hair and kissed his forehead.

"Why can't Slender Man resurrect him like he did with Smile?" I asked. "Because he'd have to be about a weak old. He isn't even a day old." Jeff's voice sounded like he was trying not to cry.

In silence, we sat there. Jeff was holding me while I held our son. The only thought that ran through my mind was why us? Why did this have to happen to us?