10. How It Began.

Dean dragged the Kiln door open quickly, scooping up the frail girl into his arms and running out of the building. Putting June onto the grass outside of the asylum, he cupped her face in his hands. "No," he whispered to himself. "No June, you can't die now, damn it. We need you!"

June's eyes remained closed, with patches of ash on her forehead. Dean remembered how she looked when he held her in her room. She was peaceful, safe. That's how he wanted to remember her. Not like this.

"Please June," he said, pressing his lips to her forehead.

"You're an idiot," June muttered hoarsely.

Dean stared in disbelief. "June?"

"Dean?" she mimicked, slowly opening her eyes. Dean's lips broke into a smile, helping her up. June looked around, all of the patients stood around them, staring up at the building that was now engulfed in flames.

"How did you get everyone out?" she asked Dean.

"Cas can be pretty convincing at times."

"Not to mention how fast they run when someone pulls the fire alarm," Sam said as he walked towards them, putting down an empty canister of gasoline.

"There's also that," Dean chuckled.

"I trusted him," June sighed. "He murdered them all." Dean's arm snaked around her waist, pulling her closer.

Sam nodded sympathetically. "Cas filled us in."

"How did you know where to find me?" June asked.

"Also Cas," Dean explained. "Good ol' angel tuned into dead-man radio, the voices told him everything."

"Is it over?"

Sam and Dean nodded.

"His immortality was linked to a possession in the asylum," Sam explained. "Think The Sorcerers Stone in Harry Potter. Once destroyed, he'll die. The fire should take care of that."

June looked at the slowly deteriorating asylum. "So it ends how it began."

June sat on the back ledge of the ambulance, shoulders wrapped in a blanket, and her legs dangling over the edge. She watched as Sam comforted a few of the patients, and Dean walked over to her.

"So," he spoke.

"So." She looked up at him.

"Guess this is goodbye?"

She pursed her lips slightly in thought. "Think of it more as a good luck."

Dean chuckled, taking her chin in his hand, pressing a soft kiss to her lips. "See you 'round?"

June's lips turned up into a smile. "In your line of work? I surely hope not."

"