Chapter 1

" But mum, I don't want to go to summer camp!" I complained to my mother from the back of the car." Lewis I told you already. you need to make some friends and stop playing minecraft all day long. your 14 for gods sake and you have no friends!" she shouted at me from the drivers seat. Mum is forcing me to go to some weird place called ' ye old goon camp ' for the summer. I had my hole summer planned out of playing minecraft. But no, I have to go to the outdoors and make friends. She says it'll be a great experience for me to go out there and enjoy nature, and not look at a computer screen all day long.

" Ah look, this must be it." She says as we drive up to a big sign saying ' welcome to ye old goon camp '. we drive up to a two story log cabin near the entrance of the camp and park near two other cars, a bus and a golf cart. I get out of the car and gab my suitcase and backpack from the seat next to me and walk over to the driver window of my mums car. " now, be good, do what the scout master tells you, and please make some friends." my mum says as she runs her hand through my short brown hair. " ok, ill try. bye." I moan. she kisses me on the forehead and drives off towards to road.

I turn to face the campsite, there's a two story log cabin at the front next to the other vehicles, which I assume is for the scout master, there's a large log cabin down the path a bit, I assume that's for meals and indoor activities, on the other side of the camp are a lot of small log cabins for campers, towards the lake I can see a shed and a campfire. " hello there. you must a new camper." said a mans voice from behind me. I turn around to see a man with freckles and brownish orange hair standing there.

"I'm scoutmaster ridge. Welcome to ye old goon camp." he said with an American accent. " I'm Lewis brindley, my mother just dropped me off here." I say to him." wonderful," he said as he check his clip board." your the last camper in my list. if you would just follow me, ill take you to the other campers." he said as I followed him towards the larger cabin. he opens the doors to the cabin to reveal a room filled with many kids around my age, girls and boys alike. the room is massive with a stage at the back and tables spread out across the room and a buffet at the left hand side of the room and on the right side was the boys and girls washrooms. scout master ridge walked up into the stage and clears his through.

" hello, campers. I am scoutmaster ridge. welcome to ye old goon camp. here, you will spend the rest of you summer vacation here, learning real life skills and having the best summer vacation that you will ever have. now, there are some rules sadly. First rule, no technology. secondly, no bullying or harassment. thirdly, no leaving the campsite without permission. if any of these rules are broken, you will be punished. now, everyone go and choose a cabin to stay in, no more than 3 per cabin. After you all unpack come to the campfire near the lake. and don't forget to have fun!" scoutmaster ridge finished his speech and the other campers left and went to choose there cabins.

I walked out towards the cabins to try and find a vacant spot on a cabin. The first few cabins where already filled up by the time I got there, but there was on at the end that look like it wasn't full." uh hello? is there any room left in here?" I asked as I walked in the cabin. the cabin was small and only had 3 single beds, each with a bedside table. " yes, there's a spare bed over there in the corner." said a boy with orange hair and a Viking helmet. " thank you ,I'm Lewis." I say to the others in the room." hi, I'm Simon. nice to meet you." the orange haired boy said. " hey there, I'm Duncan" said the blonde boy. they both wore glasses like me.

"Um excuse me is there-oh wait never mind." said a girls voice from the doorway. I look over to see a blonde girl , around my age wearing an owl hat." uh sorry, not enough room. I'm Lewis by the way." I say to her. " uh, hi I'm Hannah. nice to meet you." She said with a smile. " I'm simon." Simon said. " and I'm Duncan." Duncan said. " nice to meet you all. well, I better go look for a cabin, but ill see you at the bonfire later. bye." she said as she left, smiling at me on last time.

"I think somebody likes you." Simon says to me with a smug expression. " I think Lewis likes her too. look he's all red." Duncan says, pointing at me." I-I do not!" I shouted at them all flustered. " sure, whatever you say." Simon says as he gives Duncan a funny look." Whatever, lets just unpack so we can get to the bonfire quickly." I say as I unpack my things into the draws in the bedside table.