Chapter 2 - Paige

Paige

Anger tore through Paige's body like a wave of fire, as she heard the click of Isabelle hanging up the phone. Brushing the strands of blonde hair out of her face, she grabbed her shoes and keys and ran out the apartment. Jogging down the street towards Isabelle's house, hatred for Drew washed over her and caused tears to well up fogging up her brown eyes. Frustrated she swiped the pesky tears from her eyes and knocked on the front door.

The seconds it took for the door to be flung open, ignited her anger tenfold. Drew had always been horrible to Isabelle, and she was over hearing her friend so upset. The door opening brought Paige out of her thoughts and distracted momentarily by the sight in front of her. Charcoal Black hair brushed the tips of long eye lashed that framed the most hypnotic blue eyes she had ever seen.

"Hey, Paige." A husky voice spoke. Bringing her back to earth, she pushed past a toned and muscle ridden chest and ran up the staircase to Isabelle's room and tried to open the door. Kicking it repeatedly when she realised that ass had locked it. Fist raised, she went to bang on the door when suddenly it opened. Before her stood the devil, he pushed past her and walked down the stairs. She glared and went to follow the arrogant piece of work when she heard a whimper.

Spinning around, Paige's heart sank when she took in the pained expression plastered across Isabelle's face. Striding towards Isabelle, she wrapped her arms around her before they both sank to the ground. She sat there as Isabelle sobbed, her heart hurting for her best friend, one of the sweetest people she had ever met.

Stroking her hair, she whispered "Belle, its ok just breathe." She felt Isabelle take a deep breath as her sobs turned into little sniffles.

"Belle, what did he do? You weren't this bad on the phone?" She asked delicately, trying to keep the anger from her tone.

With a hiccup Isabelle mumbled. "He came in and he looked so angry and he said he was sorry."

Paige frowned, "Okay, that's unusual for Drew but that's good, isn't it?"

She watched as tears began to slide down Isabelle's face and her bottom lip started to quiver. "I thought so too, then he started saying that I can't write and someone else gets the honour of humil – humiliating me." Isabelle started sobbing again. Anger bubbled up and before she could stop herself she gently lifted herself out of Isabelle's grip and stormed out of her room.

Storming into the kitchen, she glanced at the three boys sitting at the table stuffing their faces with food. Nostrils flared, teeth grinding, she launched herself at Drew's back. Knocking him to the ground and causing his plate to fly and land all over the floor, she started beating into Drew.

"You arrogant son of a-" Paige growled.

"Paige!" a sharp voice rang through her brain. Clenched fists, she looked up glaring at Jonathan.

Jonathan reached down and grabbed her arms, lifting her to her feet. He started to chuckle, while looking down at Drew, curled into the foetal position hands covering his face.

"Look, Paige. He apologised, he knows he is" Jonathan said trying to placate her. Spinning around to face Jonathan, rage evident in her blue eyes.

"Does that look like he apologised?" She growled. Lifting a hand to point to Isabelle, who looked so small standing in the door way to the kitchen. Jonathan glanced over at Isabelle, confusion written on his face, until he realised how broken his sister looked. A growl emitted from Jonathan's chest, her eyes widened and she took a cautious step back. Jonathan launched himself towards Drew, who was only just rising from the ground, halting at the sound of Isabelle's meek voice.