A Birthday Kiss In The Dark

FMA Shadows is becoming a thing at some point...when I can get enough sleep!!!!

A Birthday Kiss In the Dark (One Shot/ Two shot thing)
Y/N - Your name

Your POV

I was walking back to the apartment that I was staying in along with the two Elric brothers. Edward, Alphonse and I had been on a mission to search for a rogue alchemist that had a connection to the Philosopher's stone. Eventually, we managed to catch him and as soon as we went to report our success back at Central, I had realised it was going to be Edward's birthday. I had decided to ask Colonel Flamehead what he usually did with my childhood friend/crush. I hadn't been around them for 2 years after all. Although I realised asking an idiot like Mustang would get me nowhere since his answer simply was, "Not much, to be honest." Thus I was making my way back. 'I haven't even got him a present! What the hell would he even want?!' I finally came to a conclusion that the best person to ask for advice about his birthday was his brother, Al. I opened the door to the apartment room and looked around. I could hear a faint clanking of pots and pans coming from the kitchen. 'I swear if they're trying to make another chemical weapon, I will KILL them.' I pottered to the kitchen door and slowly pushed it. To my surprise it was Alphonse looking for a bowl...for the cat in his hand. "Al...? Where did you find that cat?" Al spun around clanking in his suit of armour. "Y-Y/N...I well...you see...I erm...I found it behind the apartment. It looked so lonely and cold! I MUST CARE FOR IT!" Al literally beamed as bright as Armstrong. "So, where's Ed? He out somewhere?" I queried. Al stroked the small kitten, "Yes, I think Colonel Mustang has something to tell him. I'm not aware of what that thing is though." I sighed, trying to think what Mustang could have to tell Ed. "Oh! Yeah, it's Ed's birthday right? So what do you think he'd like?"I chirped up. "Oh, brother? Well...he doesn't mind as long as it has a meaning behind it and that it's the thought that counts. He tends not to be too bothered." Al's voice resonated happily in his armour suit. My eyebrows furrowed in thought. "I'll go out and see what I can find. Hey, Al, could you help me make a cake when I get back?" He nodded. "Oh and Al, watch out or Ed will get mad again with you and the cat. I'll buy it some food though." I pet the kittens head tentatively. "Y/N!! Winry and Christian are coming round later to celebrate Ed's birthday, so they should be here along with brother." I thought about how long it'd been since I'd seen my younger brother and my best friend Winry. I waved off to Alphonse and ran off to look for a present for Edward. 'I hope I can find something he'll like! ~'

Edward's POV

'Ugh...what the hell does McFlamehead want?' The fact that he wanted to see me on my BIRTHDAY worsened my mood even more. I never particularly paid much attention to my birthday. It just seemed like another day to me. I strode up to Mustang's office and knocked, waiting patiently. "Enter Fullmetal." I groaned and walked in. "Sup, Colonel?" I let my shoulders sag and I plopped down on the couch. "What's with the gloomy atmosphere, Fullmetal? You're 16 now. Whoop whoop! Ya know? Birthday cheer? Or is that still waning as much as your height?" The Colonel smirked. "WHAT THE HELL DO YA WANT?! AND WHO ARE YOU CALLING A PEA YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE ON A PLATE!?" I fumed and felt my eye twitch in annoyance. "Actually I called you here to tell you some of the personnel thought it'd be nice to hold a little...'party' for you Edward." I raised my eyebrow. 'A party? For me? What and why? Listen, if this is your way to get me to do something just be straight with me." I let my gaze wander off to the window. A silence covered the room. Mustang simply smirked my way. Hesitantly, I asked, "Is...this some sort of prank Colonel?" I couldn't accept the fact that he was letting the military throw a party. "No Fullmetal. We've never thrown you a birthday party and after your good work with The rogue Air Alchemist debacle, we all think you deserve a little reward." I snorted at his phraseology. "You really do make me sound like a 'Dog of the Military'. Fine, whatever. Just make sure it's not a massive party." I wafted my auto mail hand nonchalantly as I turned towards the door.