What Were You Thinking?

The ride home was silent. Peridot had been buckled up in a car seat as punishment. Her arms were folded as she grumbled to herself, your own hands tightened around the steering wheel. Pulling the breaks at a stop light, you sighed and turned to look at her. 
   "Peridot. That...That could've been my last chance at a decent job. What were you thinking?" You could see her face contort in what was most likely remorse. She dropped her arms and folded her hands nervously in her lap.
   "I missed you." She puffed her blushing cheeks out and furrowed her eyebrows. Her eyes flickered up every now and then to look at you. She sighed in relief when she saw your harsh glare soften into a smile. You reached your hand around the seat and placed it on her knee. 
   "I missed you too, Peri." She perked up and opened her mouth to speak. "But that wasn't okay of you do to. I really, really needed that job. It had great pay and- and I could've had more time to spend home with you. Isn't that what you want?" She nodded frantically. 
   "Me too. So, until i can find another job, you're grounded to the house. No coming out with me until I have a good job." You couldn't help but crack a smile as she groaned and threw her head back in the seat. You turned back to watch the road, just as the light turned green. As the tension between you and Peridot seemed to drift away, the two of you engaged in a silly conversation composed of "Did you see that secretary's face?" and "her hair was a mess after dealing with that!". 
   You soon pulled into the parking lot of your apartment and got out of the car, opening the back door and unbuckling the rambunctious homeworld gem. You stepped back a bit and held your arms out, which Peridot hopped into. You smiled and bumped the door shut with your hips, heading up the stairs that lead to your apartment. 
   You stepped inside, setting Peridot down on her feet before turning and locking the door. By the time you had turned back around, she was perched on the top of the couch, her hands in fists as she began to chant.
   "Camp Pining Hearts! Camp Pining Hearts!" She grinned as she looked back and forth between you and the remote for the television. With a roll of your eyes, you walked to the couch, picked up the remote, and flicked on the TV. Peridot's humming of anticipation grew as you clicked your way to the recordings, and turned on one of many reruns of Camp Pining Hearts. 
   You left her to her show for a moment as you went off to grab a few sheets of paper. Peridot had yet to completely finish the show, and as such, she enjoyed jotting down theories and compatibility of each respective camper. You returned with a stack of paper and a handful of pens and markers, setting them down on the floor in front of the couch, before taking a seat yourself. 
   It was only minutes later that Peridot sat on the floor beside two stacks of paper now, one stack blank, the other covered in scribbles and notes. She watched each scene attentively, looking away only to write more notes. 

A/N ahhhhh this is so short but i just got slapped in the face with writer's block. I need ideas!!!! Please send me some while I scold myself for deciding to totally wing it.