Chapter 3

When I woke up this morning did I think I was going to get dragged around all day in the middle of the woods? No I did not. Kai just had to force me to go into the woods.

"Kai I want to go home" you would the he would get the hint after my 100th sigh.

"Stop being a child. I want to show you something and it's far out here."

"You're not going to hurt me are you?" I mean we are in the middle of nowhere.

"No baby sister. You're my favorite. I would never hurt you intentionally." Intentionally? What does he mean by that.

As we keep on walking we get to a cave that stick out of the rock. It wasn't until Kai pointed there did I know that we were going inside.

"I'm not going in there." I reply shakily.

"Get inside Audrey!"

"No" I start to walk away. Next thing I know Kai grabbed me and forced me inside.

"Kai... What are you doing" I'm scared now. Kai steps to me as an act of calming me down but it only makes me more scared.

"I just need you to calm down Audrey. I know this looks weird and it looks scary but I'm not going to hurt you."

"I want to go home Kai." Why is he doing this?

"I can't let you do that Audrey. I need you for something."

"I knew I shouldn't of trusted you. Joey was right you are a phycho."

"I prefer the term sociopath." He grabs hold of me and pulls me in close. I start to feel the most excruciating pain I have ever felt.

"KAI STOP PLEASE..." I feel like I'm dying. And suddenly it stops. I collapse on the ground and crawl away from my brother.

"If you just would of listened to me none of that would have happened. I don't like hurting you Audrey but I need you."

At this point I'm huddled in the corner in a fetus position. Kai very slowly walks over to me. He crouched down and raises his hand. I flinch terribly which makes him put down his hand. He stares at me with cold and calculative eyes.

"What are you." He is not my brother anymore.

"I'm a siphon. I don't have my own magic so I have to take others."

"What did I ever do to you." I'm shaking uncontrollably.

"Shhhh it's okay." He starts stroking my hair." You didn't do anything. You are the only person I can rely on to help me."

I sobbed really loud.

"It's going to to be okay. Okay. I just need your magic to help me. I'm not going to hurt you. I swear." He picks me up and puts me on his lap and rocks me back and forth. I don't want to be here.

"Please let me go." I sniffed.

"I can't do that baby. I need you. You're the only person I actually care about. You aren't going anywhere."

What did I ever do to deserve this.