Prologue

My phone buzzed from my friend Jaz spamming me. I read the texts down the line, every one of them talking about her getting tickets to go see some social media group.

I didn't keep up much with all those apps. Instagram and snapchat occasionally but that's about it. I didn't really care about viners and youtubers, let alone did I know who they were. Jaz had been talking about this for months. They're coming to the music hall in my town and Jaz's uncle works as a security guard so she gets free passes and tickets to stuff all the time. No body takes no for answer from her uncle. He's a big guy needless to say.

My phone continued to buzz and all the texts were basically the same. She got the tickets and she was "screaming" over text anyhow, until one message caught my eye.
To Hailey:
From Jaz;
MY UNCLE BOUGHT YOU A TICKET TOO!

Right there, I just about fell off my chair. I texted her back.
To Jaz:
From Hailey:
JAZ TELL ME YOU'RE KIDDING

Those tickets were over $100. Jaz came from a foster family, I didn't want her to spend any money on me. She was the friend that got me through the time of my dad passing. I can never repay her for that.
My phone buzzed, it was Jaz again.
To Hailey:
From Jaz:
NO IM NOT KIDDING AND YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY ME BACK! MY UNCLE IS COVERING EVERYTHING!

I clapped my hand over my mouth. I don't even know the lineup or even what a lineup is to be honest. I don't know if I should let her uncle take advantage of his job for me when I don't even go to these things.
To Jaz:
From Hailey:
Alright when is this thing?

Maybe the date will conflict with something so I didn't have to go.

To Hailey:
From Jaz:
May 6th!!!

I looked at my calendar, nothing was marked on that day. I walked into the kitchen where my mom was.
"Mom?" I called. She looked up from reading the paper.
"What's up hun?" She said, still in her pajamas from the night before.
"Can I go to a meet and greet?" I asked with a worried look of anticipation.
"When, where, and what's it gonna cost?" She said continuing to read.
"With Jaz, her uncle is covering the entire thing, May 6th."
She pondered for a minute, glanced at the calendar and then back to me.
"Alright, what's the name of the group?"
"I don't know, some thing called Magcon or something like that."