Chapter 1

The Present...Detroit, Michigan

The cold winter air hit my face as I ran home. My sister is going to kill me for being late for her bridesmaid dress fitting, but in my defense, I had major homework to finish. I finally made it home and burst through the door only to have all eyes on me.

"Only three hours late this time." Said my sister Melissa. I rolled my eyes as I dropped my stuff by the door.

"Millie...kitchen! Now!" My mom snapped. Ugh...here we go. I followed her into the kitchen and sat at the table.

"Why are you constantly trying to ruin your sister's big day? Showing up three hours late to her dress fitting! What is wrong with you?" She snapped. I said nothing as I just stared at my feet.

"Answer me!" She said.

"I had to finish my homework." I said. She slapped me hard across the face.

"Don't sass me young lady!" She said. I held my face as I stormed upstairs; slamming my bedroom door and locking it. My mom worshiped the grown my sister walked on, but wouldn't piss on me if I was on fire. I hated her and everyone else in my so called family.

I cried my eyes out as I called my dad.

Bruce Willis - Dad

"Talk to me." He answered.

"Dad? Where are you?" I asked.

"Working. What do you want?" He asked.

"Can you come get me? I don't want to be here." I said. He said nothing as I heard him yelling at somebody.

"No I can't. I don't have time to be bothered with you and your mom's bullshit! Work it out and let the shit go." He said. He hung up in my face and left me looking stupid. I sighed as I sat in the middle of the floor and cried. I had nobody to turn to. Nobody. I was about to crawl into bed and call it a night until somebody knocked on my door.

"What!" I said.

"Open the damn door!" Melissa said. I rolled my eyes as I unlocked the door.

"Try this dress on! If it doesn't fit you then oh well." She said. I grabbed the dress and glanced at it. It was the ugliest shade of purple and I hated it.

"Look...as much as mom didn't want you in my wedding, I insisted on making you a part of it. Now stop trying to ruin my big day, put on this dress, and stop whining!" She said. That was it! No more miss nice Millie!

"How about you take this dress and hang yourself with it! I don't want to be in your bullshit wedding anyways! Fuck you, your wedding, and your low life husband to be!" I snapped. I shoved her out of my room and quickly locked the door. I heard her yelling for our mom and I knew I had to get the hell out of here. I ran to my closet and grabbed my zebra print duffle bag that was already packed from a previous run away stunt. I grabbed the bag, along with my secret stash of money and hurried to the window.