Welcome to Burlesque

Zelda's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes opened to find filters of light glinting through the window. Groggily, I sat up and looked around. I smiled brightly, seeing that what happened yesterday wasn't just a dream. I hopped out of bed, grabbed some clothes, then walked into the restroom.

The warm shower massaged all my stressed muscles. I haven't felt so relaxed in what seems like forever. Warm, soothing streams ran through my hair and down my body as I sighed. I can't explain it, but I know something was going to happen today.
I turned the shower off and wrapped myself in a fluffy white towel that was folded on a small silver rack outside the tub. I quickly dried off and slipped on a pair of black leggings, a deep purple tank top, and a denim jacket. Grabbing a pair of short heels, I walked out of the bathroom and looked at the newspaper I picked up yesterday, browsing the jobs available in the fine arts section.

Many advertisements caught my eye as I scanned through the paper. There were so many places to audition for, and they were all so hard to choose from. I stood up with the newspaper in my hand, motivated to try out for as much as I could. Today was going to be a busy day.

~ Time Skip ~

It still amazed me how large the city was, not to mention how confusing it is to navigate through. Streets spiraled around ginormous buildings in all directions like a massive spider web. No thanks to the many people I asked for directions, I eventually made it to my first dancing audition.

No luck.

Feeling more determined, I walked my way to a backup singing try out.

No luck.

Time after time, I was rejected. No dancing, no singing, no acting...

Nothing.

The late night sky clouded the brilliant blue it once was with an inky black, covering Castle Town in shadow. As the darkness shrouded over everything, my stomach growled, interrupting my discouraged feelings. I looked around for a place to grab a bite when a red and purple neon sign and a beautiful woman standing on the fire escape stairs caught my eye.

She was wearing an outfit that left very little to the imagination and just finished lacing up her knee high black stiletto boots when she looked down at me. I thought it was impossible to look more stunning, but her gorgeously designed face proved me horribly wrong. Her intoxicating amber eyes seemed to hypnotize me, and her firy orange hair was intoxicating. I've never seen anything like it.

The sudden appearance of a tall man with short white hair got me out of my trance as he ushered her inside the building. This place had me intrigued. I looked up at the bright sign and read Burlesque Lounge. I walked down the stone stairs, curiosity itching beneath my skin.

As I walked through a wooden door, I heard a very tango-like melody. I looked to my right and saw a stage with many women posing and dancing to the beat. Their sparkling intricately crafted outfits caught the dim lighting at amazing angles, glinting like millions of stars in a galaxy.

"We may not have windows, but we definitely have the best view on the Twilight Strip."

I turned around to see a handsome man with short blonde hair and twinkling maroon eyes. He smirked at me and held out his hand. "20 rupees."

"What is this place? A strip club?", I asked, taking another glance at the performers.

"Strip club?!", he asked, obviously offended, "My dear, I should wash your mouth out with Jegar-Meister!" I smiled apologetically while he continued, "The only pole woman you'll find up there is Cia the shot girl."