5.

Veronica PoV

My head spins and I shake it quickly to clear the blurriness.  I'm barely concentrating through the run into the hospital, grabbing the wheelchair and collecting Rox.  She mumbles away to me but I just nod, getting her into a bed and sorted as quick as possible.  It's when I take a seat that my head begins to clear.

"Ron?...RON!" Rox shouts frantically next to my head and I scowl at her for being so loud.

"What!" She flinches away from my tone but lays a hand on mine.

"Are you gonna be ok?"  I almost scoff, the woman's in labour yet she's still checking to see if I'm ok.  I walk over to the sink and lean down at it, staring but not seeing.  The cold porcelain is refreshing to my palms and I lean my head against the glass of the mirror.  My head starts to swirl again and I gulp down bile.  The door opens and Jase runs in, checking Rox over frantically.  I smile, usually Rox is the stressed one but right now she looks incredibly relaxed whereas Jase looks like he's gonna pop a blood vessel.  They look pretty organised so I wander on out.  I'm halfway down the hall when a voice sounds behind me.

"Ron!" I turn and look at Jase's panicked face.  He stares for a moment but realises what is going on.  He nods and I walk away, down the hall, down the stairs, out the doors.  My face is indifferent but when I reach my car, it's a completely different story.  I get about 2 miles then pull over and throw up in a bush.  Tears stream down my face as I deposit everything in my stomach onto this poor baby holly bush.  I knew it would happen, this was different to when I had Bobby, it's more violent in every way.  I never really got morning sickness before but this time round, it's worse then anything I've ever had before, and that's saying a lot, allowing the number of hangovers I've had.  I get back in the car and open the window, putting a hand on my chest and breathing in and out slowly.  The dizziness subsides and I put the car in gear, pulling away and heading in the general direction of the farm.

-*-

My eyes flick up to the doorway at the knock, ignoring the incessant paperwork on my desk.  Charlie steps up into the office and I sigh under my breath.

"Look, I don't have time for this right..." He cuts me off quickly.

"I know I'm not anyone you'd want to talk to right now, but I just wanted to tell you something." I lean back in my chair and gesture for him to continue.

"I know I came across quite strong but I just wanted to say I'm sorry.  I wasn't really a cop, just wore the uniform to get a hook up.  I figured that if I gave you everything you wanted, you would want to try something with me.  I mean, all girls want attention and a soulmate right?  I figured I would just pay attention, you seemed to like it on the night and I assumed that you just wanted love.  But now, I think... I think I'm in love with you.  And I just, I want you to be mine.  Please?" I'm nearly fuming at this point and struggle to keep my temper.  He leans over my desk and attempts to kiss me but I push him back hard.  

"What the hell are you doing!  Get off me you creep!" I scream, clicking record on my phone in my pocket.

He grabs my arm and drags me around the desk, fire burning in his eyes as my action.  He slams me against the wall, pressing his body tight against mine and angling his face against mine.  I scream out and his hand clamps over my mouth.

"Please, please, let me go.  I don't want this please." I whimper dramatically for the phone.

"Never.  You want this and I'm tired of waiting."  He slams his lips against mine and wraps me around his body.  I grab the back of his neck and use it to drag us both to the floor, slamming his forehead straight into my boot.  He screams and I stand up.