The Play

Last Part :,(

Marinette woke up smiling, the sun streaming through her open window. It was the day of the play. She had memorized all of her lines and was ready for the play to be over.

She got to school and met Adrien, handsome and sweet, outside of the classroom. He kissed her cheek and they went in, hands intertwined. Oh, did I forget to tell you? Chloe transferred schools.

"All right, all right ev-ery-ONE! We got get moving; Play starts in 56 minutes and 25...24...23 seconds! Mari! Get into your costume girl! Adrien! Same for you!! Go go go!! Nino and Kim, get the props ready!!! Rose and Juleka- you get those refreshments!!" Alya yelled at everyone who listened. Marinette and Adrien were bustled into changing rooms where they put on the cosplay costumes of themselves. They were pretty amused by this whole situation. Finally masks were placed upon their faces and they were shoved onto a bright stage.

The play passed in a bright blur of lines, gestures, cat puns (worse than the normal ones which is saying something ), and finally the time came. The heroes faced each other expectantly. This was supposed to mean nothing, just a play kiss in a script, but it meant so much more. It meant a girl who before struggled with loving herself, now confident and strong inside and out. It meant a boy, sad and misunderstood by his dad, now supported by the staggering amount of affection off of Marinette.

They leaned forward, closing their eyes. When their lips met, the electricity and combined- no it was more than that overused word, love. It was like an obsession. A joy so powerful it could bring us to our knees.

When they kissed, the world faded into black and white, but they were in screaming color.

{are they out of the woods yet}

They finally broke apart and smiled. A powerful bond had been built between them, and it wasn't going to break any century soon.