Chapter I

"Levi Ackerman,"

The teacher called out, marking the roll.

"Here,"

Levi called back in her usual bored tone. She rested her head on the desk, she hadn't slept much last night and there were small black rings below her eyes to prove it.

"Tired?"

Levi's friend Eren said. Eren shifted her long hair to the side, looking over at Levi.

"Yeah..."

Levi mumbled, letting her long black hair fall in her face.

"You should really get some more sleep of a nighttime rather than in class."

Eren teased.

"Shut up."

Levi said, nudging the brunette with her elbow lightly.

"Eren Jaeger,"

"Here."

Levi had her head down on the desk and her eyes shut; resting peacefully. Eren found herself staring at her friend, noticing how cute she looked when her face wasn't a look of annoyance or disgust. Not that she didn't already look good. She looked peaceful and happy in a way. Eren had a tiny crush on her best friend, although Eren had only realised her feelings for Levi a couple months back; Eren had known Levi ever since she started here at 'Sina Private Girls High School'.

***

Eren walked through the fancy gates of her new school. She had just started high school and was nervous. She took deep steady breaths as she walked past the large groups of girls, none of which she knew. She looked around for a familiar face, having no luck. She saw a girl with long, straight hair, sitting alone under a tree with earphones in her ears. She seemed to be the only other person who didn't already have friends. Eren walked over to the girl and stood in front of her. The girl slowly opened her eyes and looked up at Eren.

"You're blocking the sun."

She said, taking out one of her earphones.

"Sorry,"

Eren said in a small voice, side-stepping out of the way.

"Who are you?"

She said, sounding annoyed as she closed her eyes once again and resting her head back on the tree behind her.

"Um.. My name's Eren,"

She said shyly.

"Why are you here?"

"I was kinda wondering if I could hang out with you."

"Why would you want to do that?"

"W-What?"

"Why me? You could hang out with literally anyone else. Why me?"

"I don't know? Just- everybody already seems to have friends..."

"And I don't?"

"Well- I just thought- your sitting alone so---"

"So what?"

"Don't worry..."

Eren said, starting to walk away. Regretting he decision to try and make friends.

"Wait,"

Eren turned back around to face the dark haired girl.

"I'm sorry for acting like a bitch, you can stay."