Chapter 1

5 years later...

"Batting for Red America. Batter number 17, Lauren Jauregui," the announcer announced as Lauren stood up from her seat and grabbed her bat and helmet. She received a few encouraging pats on her shoulder from her teammates.

As soon as the crowd spotted her, they roared on the top of their lungs. They were there to watch her play. To watch the legendary Lauren Jauregui who made a numerous homeruns in her first year of being a baseball player.

Lauren looked up and saw her face on the monitor. Then she looked at the scoreboard.

They're already in the 9th innings. Lauren was sure that they'd win tonight. It was pretty obvious. The other team was down by 2 innings. Even a miraculous homerun wouldn't help them.

She wore her helmet as she held her bat on her right hand. Eyeing the pitcher sassily. She smirked as she made her way to her position. All she needs to do is to hit the ball perfectly and it was an easy job for her.

Lauren was now a famous baseball player. Part of the American team. Ace player of the team. She has an undeniable skills that her enemies couldn't help but agree about it. She spent her 3 years enhancing every hidden skills that she has on baseball.

She now has an almost perfect life. She achieved her dream. She can have every girl she wants. She has money. People knows her name. She is Lauren Chick Jauregui. She's popular that even a baby knows her name. She had almost everything..but something was definitely missing in her..

It was her heart.

She was heartless. Her teammates knows that. She was a bitch most of the time. She doesn't care about her teammates. All she care is to win and win and win. Losing has never been in her vocabulary. Her emerald eyes that once have an incredible glow are now cold. But she isn't heartless when it comes to her friends. When it comes to the people who truly knows her, she can be selfless.

But she still feel lifeless. Even though she has a successful life, she couldn't be happy knowing that her feelings for a certain person hasn't vanished for a long time. But she was in denial. She was trying to convince herself that she already moved on and the only feeling left there in her heart was pure hatred.

She spent her first year drowning herself in alcohol. She almost throw her life out of the window and attempted to kill herself because of pure depression, but fortunately, someone was there for her and pulled her out from darkness. She miss her that time. And she hated that fact. She doesn't let herself feel something. Because the last time she let that happen, she got hurt. She got her heart broken. She was sad when she left her. She was sad when she broke her heart. She was sad when she realized that she might not see her again. But her sadness turned to hatred and anger.

She was angry at her. Angry for leaving her when they could've fixed their relationship. She didn't considered her feelings. She left her. She left her alone in this world. She despised her with every fiber of her being. She chose her dream over her. Lauren thinks that she isn't important to her. And Lauren even thought that maybe...she was just a phase for her.

When she realized that the girl she loves has already left her...forever, she decided to change. She realized how stupid she was to throw her life out of the window just for a girl who left her. She pursued her dream and look what she have become...a famous, no, scratch that, a very famous baseball player.

So with a deep breath, she positioned herself and looked at the pitcher infront of her. Already waiting for their team's ticket to the finals.

-=-=-

"I know babe," Sam told Camila, "I know what happened back there but we couldn't let that stop us from doing our job. Besides, how many percentage do we have on seeing her anyway?"