9

Photos

"Oh, my gosh!" Garcia's voice rang through the bullpen as she entered it hurriedly, her laptop resting on her hip as she continued her cries, "Oh, my gosh. Oh, my gosh!"

"Baby, wait, chill," Morgan rose and placed his hands on her shoulders, "What's going on?"

"Reid," she whispered wide-eyed to Morgan before looking in the direction of the doctor's desk, "Reid!"
He jumped, starled by her shrill tone, "Y-yes?"

Sitting the laptop down on the edge of Spencer's desk, Garcia turned to the rest of the team who looked at her with furrowed brows and perplexed stares.

"Is this seriously your girlfrined?" Her mouth opened into a wide smile as her pointer finger clicked through photo after photo of a beautiful woman with (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes. "This is your girlfriend, isn't it? You're dating her?"

"Girlfriend?" Morgan asked, his head shifting backward as his lips turned up confusedly.

"Spence doesn't have a girlfriend," JJ scoffed as she, Morgan, and Prentiss approached Spencer's desk and stared into Garcia's laptop.

Spencer shifted in seat as he looked up at his teammates, concerned spread across his features as his breathing grew heavy.

"Kid," Morgan looked at him with excitement and disbelief, his eyes pleading for an answer, "You have a girlfriend?"

"Y-yeah, I do," Spencer smiled shyly, looking at his feet.

"And this girl?" Morgan asked.

"Yeah," Spencer breathed the word, "Yeah, that's her. That's (y/n)."

"(Y/n)?" Prentiss questioned, surprised happy. "She's beautiful, Reid!"

"Hence her job," Garcia's happiness for the young doctor radiated through her smile.

"Pretty boy's dating this girl right here?" Morgan tapped the screen. "You're dating her? You. You are dating her?"

"Yes," Spencer laughed as the word came from his pouty lips.

"My man!" Morgan rushed his hand across Spencer's hair, "How?"

"I, um, I literally met her on the street," he grinned as he mused, "She was visiting D.C. and couldn't find the Lincoln Memorial. I, um, helped her."

"You helped her find the Lincoln Memorial," Morgan chuckled, "Kid, that's so you."

"Yeah," he replied simply.

As the team began to disassemble back to their respective desks, Spencer reached up and held Garcia's wrist, preventing her from leaving his desk.

"How did you... How did you find out about... Me and, and her?" His eyes were worried.

"Oh, Reid," she giggled, sitting the laptop back down, "I follow (y/f/n)'s on instagram, she's a techie wizard. So, one day she posts a photo of her group of friends out a what appears to be a nightclub. I noticed this beautiful girl with stunning (h/c) hair sitting on someone's lap in background," Garcia clicked a button and the image she was describing appeared, "And I noticed that the man whose lap is in question has his arm around the (h/c) haired girl, and I notice his watch and how it's on the outside of his sweater," Garcia zoomed in on the watch, "Those fingers look awfully familiar to me, Reid." She smirked. "So, this beautiful girl with (h/c) red hair was tagged and I clicked it and creeped on her instagram," Spencer recognized (y/n)'s instagram account when Garcia pulled it up, "And I noticed a few of these types of photos," as Garcia clicked through various pictures, Spencer saw one of (y/n)'s torso pressed against a man's button up and tie, one of her feet wrapped around a man's who wore converse under his dress slacks, and finally one of her fingers laced into a man's, a watch and a sweater visible on his wrist, "Her caption reads the same thing on each one," Garcia smiled as she repeated what (y/n) had typed, "'My darling doctor whom I'd die without.'"

Spencer looked up at her and bit his lips nervously. His labored breathing catching in his throat.

"You're her darling doctor, Reid. It doesn't take a profiler to know that's your random body parts in those photos, and it doesn't take a profiler to know that someone in the spotlight like her could compromise your position here, your undercover missions, negotiations, all that, if she posted photos of your face and wrote your name out. You couldn't do this job if you became some type of public figure."

"Garcia, I think you should be a profiler," he laughed before looking back at (y/n)'s photos sadly.

"What's wrong, sugar?" She asked concerned.

"I just, I don't know. We had a fight," Spencer shook his head, "I just don't like these photos– the ones you showed everyone. I don't know why. She's beautiful, I love her, but she wanted honesty and I honestly just don't like them."

"Why?" Garcia's face twisted in utter confusion.

"I don't know. I don't know. It's just she's beautiful and she's funny and she's smart and interesting and successful. I can't look at her and tell her she's perfect, Garcia. I can't do that. I can't tell her that the photos are amazing or that everything she does is amazing," he started speaking more and more quickly, panic setting into his eyes, "(y/n) is perfect. She's literally perfect. And I'm me. And if I, if I tell her how beautiful she is, and if I tell her how wonderful she is, she's, she's going to realize that we don't work together."

He exhaled roughly, "We don't fit together."

"Reid, you do fit together. I've seen these photos," she pulled the pictures on (y/n)'s instagram back up, "She loves you. You just said you love her. You're saying she's smart and funny and interesting and you're all of those things too."

"But she's beautiful. She has people throwing themselves at her all the time. What can I do to keep her interest? I'm just me and there's nothing special about me."

"The first picture she posted of you two is dated 57 weeks ago, Reid. You've already kept her interest. Besides, everything about you is special. She obviously knows that."

"You think?" He looked at her as he considered her words.

"I know," Garcia smiled, closing her laptop and turning to walk back to her office, "Don't be insecure about this. It's obvious that she's yours."

Spencer smiled slightly, spinning his chair momentarily as his phone beeped.

Pulling it from his pocket, Spencer opened the text he'd just received:

Boarding the plane now. Can't wait to see you tonight!

As a large smile spread across Spencer's face, he took his bottom lip into his teeth before replying:

Have a safe flight. I love you.