Chapter Fourteen

Adams POV

I splashed cold water onto my face as I looked in the mirror, I straightened and walked out. Katie was waiting for me, "we're in the library. I told mr ratliff I was just going to the toilet. Are you alright?" she asked. I nodded "better thanks" I replied, "so you coming to class?" she asked. "I need to get some water first but fine" I replied reluctantly. We went to the canteen as I got a bottle of water, "here" katie said handing me a pack of gum. "Thanks" I replied popping one in my mouth, I took a deep breath as we went into the library. I sat next to katie as he looked over, "ahh adam I wondered where you had gotten to are you feeling better?" he asked.

I nodded not wanting him to be near me as he nodded and handed me the sheet, he walked away as I started the worksheet. I could feel him watching me as I squirmed under his gaze, my eyes focused on the computer screen. I felt uncomfortable, he kissed me. I enjoyed it, but I knew it was wrong. Hes my teacher and im not even 16, my stomach was in knots as I looked up and saw him talking to one of the brainless cheerleaders. His brow furrowed with concentration, I looked away as I felt his presence before I even saw him. He was reading what I had typed, the close proximity to me as I let out small breaths. 

I could smell his cologne, tantalisingly close and intoxicating. I held my breath my heart pounding as he nodded and left, eventually the lesson ended as I stood and went to leave. "Adam a word" he said as Katie nodded and went outside. "What?" I asked, "don't take that tone with me. About earlier" he started as I cut him off. "Don't worry your dirty little secret is safe I haven't told anyone" I retorted. He let out a sigh of relief, I scoffed "good if anyone had found out" he mused. "They'd think you were a pervert? Don't worry I'm a disgusted as you, are we done because I'd like to go home" I replied.

He didn't answer, I grabbed my bag and left."What did he want?" katie asked, "to tell em the homework" I answered. "Oh cool so you coming to georges party tonight?" she quesioned. "Im grounded remember" I replied, "cant you sneak out?" she asked. I thought about it for a while, I needed to go out maybe a house party was a good way. "I could try" I answered, "i'll help" she replied smirking. "Ok lets do it" I said, "yes! I'll text you the deets when I get a plan" she told me as we stopped outside my gate. "Cool" I replied as she air kissed my cheeks and headed up the road, I went inside "im home" I called.

"Ah adam honey im making spaghetti for dinner, did you have a good day at school?" she called from the kitchen. "Im not really that hungry, school was ok" I answered walking into the kitchen. I sank into the kitchen chair as my mom turned round, her face changed from smiling to concern. She had crossed the room in a few seconds her hands cupping my face, "youve been crying. And your face is redder one side" she said. Always so observant, "I tripped and I have a cold my eyes have been streaming all day" I lied. "Nice try sunshine, now are you going to tell me?" she asked. "I broke up with Cherry. She slapped me and Russ shoved me into a locker, then someone kissed me" I explained. 

"Doesnt explain why you were crying though and why you arent hungry" she told me. "Everything got too much, its all going back to how it was in elementary. Im not hungry because I was sick" I told her. "Oh adam honey, cherry was a slut anyway. The way I see it this russ and her are well suited, things wont go back to how they were before you have people looking out for you now, youve grown into a strong handsome young man who knows who he is now. Youre better than this, who was the guy who kissed you? Was he sexy? Are you feeling better now?" she said firing questions at me. 

"Thanks mom and he was decent. But it doesnt matter and im fine I just have much of an appetite I think im going to catch and early night. I think it was just something I ate im fine now" I answered. She nodded as I headed up to my room, I pushed the door shut behind me as my phone trilled in my pocket, I pulled it out. "Im gonna get george to knock at yours tonight and distract your mom while you sneak out the back door. We'll be knocking about 7 ok, pretend your asleep pad the bed out whatever so it looks like your in bed" Katie had put. 

My eyes fell to the clock on the side, it was half past 5 I still had to shower. I threw my phone on my bed and went to have one, I washed my hair and body and climbed out. I dried myself and pulled on some boxers, I rummaged in my wardrobe for some clothes deciding on my ripped black skinny jeans with a queen tshirt and combat boots. As it rolled round to 7 I heard the knock on the door as I heard my mom go to answer it, I snuck downstairs and out the back door as we ran up the back path.