The Girl

Sam and Dean just finished a hunt. A vampire nest was taken out. They deserved some celebration so they went out for a drink.

There was a small girl sitting near the front door of the nearest bar. Sam was surprised to see her. She was only 11 or 12.

Dean was over flirting with trashy girls. The girls left and Dean came back to Sam. "Let's bounce." Dean said, and headed for the door. 

Sam grabs him. "While you were flirting, I've been watching that girl. Seem weird to you?" He pointed out the little girl. She was sitting on the ground in a too large tee shirt and jeans, but no shoes. It was cold, and Sam was wondering why she was all alone, and at the bar in the first place?

Dean nodded and pulled out his gun.

Sam drew his gun too and they approached the girl. "You okay, little girl?" he asked. She looked up, and instantly looked like a baby deer in headlights.

"Don't shoot me." She mumbles.

Dean set the gun back in his pants. 

"I'm not going to. What is you name sweetheart?" Dean asked.

Sam put his away, too. "We won't hurt you." The little girl wraps her arms around herself.

"R-Riley Morris." She mumbles.

Dean holds his hand out to her. "You can trust us. Where are your parents?"

"Mommy's over there," she says, pointing at a woman flirting with a drunk man. She was pretty tipsy herself. "Daddy left a long time ago. I was really small."

Dean nodded and pulled out his fake badge. "I'll be right back." Dean said and walked over to her.

Sam nodded. "So Riley, what grade are you in?"

"Fifth grade." She mumbles again.

Dean walks up to the lady. He flashes his badge at her. "Your child is over there alone. Someone could pick her up and take her." Dean said.

"What girl?" The woman asks. She has a dreamy, not quite there look to her. 

"Your daughter. Over there." Dean said, pointing to Riley.

"My daughter? Oh, you mean the hallucination. She's not real. She's just a representation of my dead daughter. She was miscarried, you know. The hallucination just follows me everywhere." The woman says, smiling creepily.

Dean nods and leaves. He walked back to Sam and the child. "That chick is weird." Dean says, looking down at the small child.

Riley looks at him sadly. "She isn't all there. She hasn't been the same since Daddy left. She's worse."

"Riley, my name is Dean. My brother, Sam." Dean put his hand on Sam's shoulder. "We would like to take you to the police station so you can get a nice family. How does that sound?" Dean asked, crouching down to her height.

"Ok." She stood up, holding a stuffed polar bear with blue eyes and a blue scarf. "Where's your car?" 

Dean took her hand and led her to the awesome black car outside.

"Is that a '67 Chevy Impala?" She asks, shocked.

Dean nodded. "Yeah. It's a cool car."

"I bet."

She grins. "Shotgun!" She takes off running. She beats Sam to the front seat.

Dean laughed. "I like her. She is cool." Dean got in the driver seat. 

Sam frowned. "Why do I have to sit in the back? I'm way older than her."

"Get in the car, Sam." Dean yelled at his brother.