The Hunt Begins

Dib grabbed a cup of coffee, sat down on the couch in his rocket, and started thinking for a long while. He finally got to go to space, explore the world outside of Earth. This has been his dream since he was 7, and now his dreams are becoming a reality. It almost felt as if he was just all alone in this rocket, but he actually wasn't, he had his co-pilot and only real friend there along with him, Gaz. Gaz has bright pink, long hair, and she always wore something really bright and cheery, which represented her personality well, she was always very supportive and the best sister Dib could've asked for.
"Hey bro." She said rubbing his hair, messing it up.
"Do you always have to mess up my hair?" Dib asked sarcastically fixing his hair. Gaz laughed and leaned against the couch.
"Who would've known there could be all this brain inside that small head of yours." She said jokingly.
"My heads not small!" Dib stated looking a bit offended. "Why does everyone say that?"
"Because it is ya dork!" She said playfully punching his shoulder. Dib smirked as he grabbed the remote and turned his TV on. He changed the channel to his favorite news channel to watch a story featuring him.
"-And that is why eating a palm tree is illegal in some countries. Now, our next story features a face you have most likely seen before, Dib Membrane!" Said the newswoman.
"This 24 year old man's career all started in 2nd grade, when he proved that Bigfoot was in his garage. As you may or may not know, Dib is currently out where the stars are, exploring new places and planets that we have yet to see. Now isn't that exiting? And since it could be up to a few years until Dib's return, we have for you here in the studio, the father of Dib, Frank Membrane!" A tall man with unbrushed spiky hair, and patched up overalls walked up on the stage.
"Hello Frank how are you?"
"Good, happy to be here Julie." The man said with a scratchy voice.
"So, how does it feel to know that your offspring is a genius?"
"Eh, good I guess."
"Are you jealous that you aren't as smart as your genius son?"
"Eh, nope."
"Where did you go to college?"
"Eh, never went to collage."
"Erm, okay sir, that's all the time we have. Say bye to the camera."
The man looks around confused on where the camera is until Julie points to it.
"Eh, bye bye." Frank waved.
Dib turned off the TV and smiled.
"Can't believe dad got on TV! So exiting!" Gaz exclaimed.
"Yeah, he is needs to work on his commentary skills though." Dib replied.
Dib looked out the window and stared at the stars. Gaz walked over there with him putting her head on his shoulder.
"Hey, that's a pretty big star." Gaz said pointing at a barley visible circle.
"Hm, yea-, wait, Gaz, I don't think that's a star.." Dib pointed out. Gaz put her head off her brothers shoulder and looked at the 'star' closer.
"Then what is it?" She said quite scared. Dib looked around and realized there were several other 'stars' the exact same size.
"What are those?" Dib got even closer. He realized that they were defiantly not stars, but space rocks that could really damage the ship. "Oh no, this is not happening!" Dib said as he and Gaz ran quickly to the pilot room. He switched the auto pilot switch 'off'' and started driving the ship trying to avoid the rocks coming closer. Gaz was sitting in the co-pilot seat panicking. Dib kept on making all these sharp turns trying to avoid the rocks, but they just kept coming. After about a minute of dodging the hits, a rock slammed into the glass, and some of the glass shattered and hit them. If it weren't for the suits they were wearing, they would be dead. After that one hit,  more and more pounded into the glass and just kept shattering. Dib knew that if they were to survive they needed to go into the pods, and just pray that everything would work out. Dib switched the auto pilot switch 'on' although he knew the ship wouldn't last long. He grabbed his sisters hand and ran to the pods. The pods could only fit one person per pod so Dib and Gaz would have to separate.
"D-Dib?" Gaz asked.
"Don't worry, everything will be alright, just stay calm." Dib knew Gaz was bad at staying calm in intense moments. The ship was shaking because of the builders hitting the ship. Dib pushed Gaz into pod 231 and sealed the lid. He then ran to pod number 568 and sealed the lid. His heart was beating like crazy and he didn't know what to expect. He quickly pushed the 'eject' button and the pod de-attached from the ship and just floated in space. He could see Gaz's pod floating, number 231. He knew this could backfire, because his suit will run out of oxogen in the matter of a few days and he would certainly die of starvation or thirst. Luckily, the pod contained a gallon of water and a few snacks, but that wouldn't even keep him alive. He decided to have a break and just take a nap, this was one crazy day.