In Your Arms

April 27, around 5pm, Katipunan:

R arrives at the studio, people come to greet him. He says "hi" to all but his glance shoots over their heads looking for M. He spots her and mumbles, "Excuse me."

R: *takes long quick strides to get to M*

M: *sees him walking hastily towards her and stands up*

R: *pulls her in his arms as soon as she is within his reach and hugs her tight*

M: *holds on to him tightly, closes her eyes, buries her face in his chest*

R: Andito na ako. Andito na ako. *closes his eyes and places his hand at the back of head* Andito na ako.

He repeats the phrase, partly to comfort her and partly to reassure himself that she is indeed there wrapped safely in his arms.

M: *tears start to fall, sobs softly rocking her chest, holds on to R tighter* You're here.

R: *hugs M closer, caresses her hair* Ssssshhh... Andito na ako. You're safe. You're here.

Again, he says so, partly to reassure himself.

Everyone around them who saw the emotional encounter of the couple also wipe away a few tears.

They stay in that comforting embrace for a few minutes.

R: *holds her face in his hands, wipes away her tears with him thumbs, plants a kiss on her forehead and her eyes* Tama na, Love. Nakwento ni Dean ang lahat ng nangyari kanina sa phone after natin magkausap. Kinwento nya kung ano ang nangyari. I'm sorry, wala ako dun. I'm sorry kasi di kita napuntahan. I'm sorry, Love. *tears start to flow from his eyes*

M: *wipes his tears away* Wala kang kasalanan sa akin, don't say sorry. Ang importante andito ka na. Magkasama na tayo. *rest her head on R's chest* I feel so much safer now.

R: Hindi ka na babalik ng baranggay ha? Sinabihan na kita dati. Sinabi na din sa'yo ng EB dati na sa studio ka na. Ikaw lang mapilit sa barangay.

M: *looks at R* Alam mo naman kung bakit di ba?

R: Oo. Naiintindihan ko yun. Dun ka nanggaling pero iba na ngayon, Love. Di ka safe dun, everyday you're at risk, ano pa ba ang hihintayin nating mangyari?

M: Love, mamaya na natin to pag-usapan. Umiinit na naman ang ulo mo. Kunot na noo mo oh. *straightens R's frown with her fingertips* I love you. *said in her sweetest tone to lighten his mood*

R: *pigil kilig* Alam na alam mo kung paano ibahin ang usapan ha? I love you more. *kisses the tip of her nose*

M: Ayan. *smiles* Uy, we need to work na. Mamaya na ulit, Love. *plants a quick kiss on R's cheek*

R: Okay, Love. *smiles*

R&M go on with their work.