Chapter 24

One hour turned into two as Emma sat on the floor in front of the couch, staring up at the door, and rubbing her hand over her flat stomach. The tears had stopped long ago, but she was still sad and felt completely depressed.

She wondered what if she had just stayed asleep. She would be able to deal with it all in the morning, not before the sun rose like she was doing now.

The sound of the doorknob jiggling had Emma shooting her head up and her eyes widening in surprise. She stood up just as it opened, and she released the breath she didn't know she was holding.

"What are you doing up, Swan?" Killian asked as he walked into the room. A plastic bag was in his hand as he looked up at her with nothing but concern in his eyes.

Emma ran up to him and wrapped her arms around him, and pressing her lips to his. Killian didn't waste time in kissing her back. She pulled away and he finally saw some tear streaks on her face.

"Why were you crying, love? What happened?" He asked. Suddenly, he felt a stinging on his cheek.

"That's for scaring the shit out of me! I thought that you left and you weren't going to come back! Where did you go that had you leaving in the middle of the night? You didn't even leave me a note! And you left your phone here." Emma said angrily.

"Okay, first, ow!" He cried out as he placed a hand on his stinging cheek and looked down at her. "I went to get a pregnancy test for you. I couldn't wait until morning, and I just thought that you wouldn't be awake, so I didn't bother leaving a note. I'm truly sorry, Emma. I didn't mean to scare you."

Emma put her head in her hands and went to sit down on the couch. Guilt flooded her. "You said you wouldn't leave, and I just thought that you had second thoughts about the baby."

He placed the bag down and walked over to her. "Oh, love, no. Never. I promise you that I won't leave you. And I never break a promise."

She glanced up at him and he gave her a reassuring smile. "I'm sorry I hit you."

"It's alright. I would have hit me too."

She let out a small giggle and reached for the plastic bag, grabbing the pregnancy test out of it. "Shall we see if we are having a baby?"

He nodded excitedly and Emma ran to the bathroom. She came out a few minutes later with the stick in her hands.

Killian stood up and began to pace. He felt a bunch of emotions. Nervousness, excitement, happiness. Those were the emotions that he hardly felt before he met Emma. He sat back down on the couch and chewed on his thumbnail.

"It is supposed to take this long?" He asked impatiently.

"Yes, it is, so don't worry. We might not even be pregnant yet. Just... Don't get your hopes up."

"Too late!"

Once it was time to look at the test, tears swelled in both of their eyes.

Positive

"What are the chances of it being a false positive?" Emma asked standing up. It was her turn to pace.

"Why would you say that?"

"Taking that test makes everything real. I'm really pregnant, I'm really going to get the family that I never had growing up, but that little plastic stick just told us that we are going to have a child."

"Exactly. I think that it's time to celebrate." He said with a smirk, and putting his hand on her waist.

She pulled herself out of his grip. "Are you sure that this is what you want? I mean, absolutely one hundred percent certain we are ready for this?"

"Yes. I'm ready for this. I knew what I was getting myself into when we got together. I was ready for you."

She sighed and walked up to him, wrapping her arms around him. Killian hugged her back and buried his head in her hair, breathing in her scent.

When they pulled back, Emma smirked at him. "Are you still in a celebratory mood?"

He groaned and kissed her lips briefly before running to the bedroom. She followed with a giggle and shut the door behind her.

The next day, Emma and Killian started to pack all of their belongings that they had brought into the hotel. It wasn't much, but it was enough. They checked out of the hotel and brought their things to the car. Killian insisted on loading up the car while Emma just sit and wait. She wasn't happy about not helping, but she still did what she was told.

He came around to the drivers side and got in, setting off for Storybrooke.

"I've never been on a road trip before. This is so exciting!" Emma said happily. She glanced at Killian and he had a wide smile on his face.

"I'm glad you agreed to this." He said, putting his hand on her knee.

"Of course I would. I'm with the guy I love." She put her hand over his and squeezed. "Plus I'm carrying out baby."

"You're perfect." He brought her hand to his lips, and laid a gentle kiss on her knuckles, which caused her to blush.

'Sure.' She thought sarcastically.

For the next few hours, they remained silent. Stealing glances at one another when the other wasn't looking.

By sunset, Killian was exhausted. When he yawned, Emma looked over and saw the sleepy look on his face.

"Let me drive." She said.

"What? No, I'm fine." Killian stubbornly said.

"You've been driving all day. Either let me drive, or we pull over and you get some rest."

He sighed and pulled over to the side of the road. He wanted to take the scenic route so he would have more time with Emma, but he didn't tell her that.

"Do you want the backseat?" He asked.

"You take it. Just, get some rest." Emma said kissing the tip of his nose.

Killian reluctantly crawled into the back seat, but ended up handing the keys to her. "If you get cold, turn up the heat."

She nodded and they both fell asleep holding each other's hands.