Letters From Loved Ones

My eyes opened to a brilliant view of the night sky, it took me a few seconds to realize that it was actually a painting of galaxies- all different shades of the rainbow. As my eyes traveled over the scene, I noticed the full, shining moon in full beauty and grace hovering in the top left corner with a watchful eye. But, with glowing intensity of bravery and pridefulness, the sun glowed valiantly in the bottom right corner of the ceiling, sharing the same sky as the moon with arrogance but willfulness.

It was mesmerizing, capturing my attention for every little detail. I couldn't bare to tear my eyes away from it until a fleeting thought from the night before flashing into my mind: a letter.

True to thought, the yellowed letter with my name messily scrawled on it stood on the desk near the door, patiently waiting for me to read it. Slowly, I picked myself off of the bed and walked to the letter, gingerly picking it up as if it weighed a hundred pounds, to me it felt like it did.

I knew this writing, it was part of my soul, and always would be. It was my mother's writing. Scarlett had a genuine elegance to her letters, yet it was messy and untamed just like her personality, just like the personality of Ares - brutal and powerful and it showed in her writing.

Biting my lip, I drew a steady breath and flipped the letter over, noticing that it had been opened already. Inside the envelope was two folded sheets of paper, one was still new and crisp while the other was aged and had been through some wear and tear through the years.

I picked up the newer one and opened it. This writing was one I didn't recognize, it was elegant but it looked young, what I mean by that is the fact that it looked like a teenager's type of writing, not very defined in a style but still elegant. My throat tightened as I read through it:

Hey Oli,

It feels weird that I'm writing this now - after all these years you know? I wish I could see you, I wish I could... be there when you get there. I felt your presence watching me - I can't explain how, but I suddenly knew that you were coming for me, that you knew I was still alive. I guess it's something I got from Apollo.

There is so much I would tell you - if I could. So much I want to know about you and what you've been doing since we were separated. I wish... I wish things were different.

You have been at such a disadvantage all these years, I know. I'd known you were alive and I wanted to desperately go find you, but it was impossible and the gods forbid me to. I don't know why I'm alive still - I know we aren't supposed to exist. I'm thinking that Zeus is training me up to be a weapon. A weapon for what? I don't really know, but something makes me think that it has something to do with you.

Since you are a Rouge... I think he wants to try and use me against you if you ever decided to turn against the gods. And maybe I don't really know you at all any more, maybe you have turned against the gods and are trying to overthrow them. I hope you aren't because that would mean this note is pointless.

I wish I was there, but Zeus doesn't want us to see each other, he's probably afraid that if you were to turn against him that I'd turn too. He sent me to the East, China or something like that, I'm not really supposed to say : / . But, Zeus says that if you succeed in the 'mission' - I wasn't informed what you're up to- that I can start going to Camp! It'll be fun if I can. We could hang every day, share a cabin and beat up people with our skills - we'd have to go easy on them right? ;P