Take Me Home

"Amara.. Amara wake up." I wake up to a whisper, I turn and see Kakashi hovering painfully over me, he's clutching his side. He forces a smile, but I can tell he's in pain.

I jump up angrily, sitting up in the hospital bed. "What are you doing in here?! You shouldn't be up walking around, you're hurt."

Kakashi scoots in beside me and lays facing me, he seems more at ease now. He puts an arm around my waist and pulls me into his chest, "I had to see you, sweetie, I missed you."

Our eyes meet. I just smile softly and shake my head. It was sweet that he came to see me, but he's hurt, he shouldn't be walking around. "You're going to hurt yourself even worse, you know it?"

Kakashi shrugs. "I couldn't be without you anymore. Also, I got you a present and I never got to give it to you."

I lean up, excited. He pulls out a necklace, it's glowing. It's beautiful.

Kakashi sits up with me, puts an arm around me. He shows me the necklace. "I stored some of my chakra in this necklace. When you need to find me, it'll glow and point you toward my way."

I'm speechless. This gift is so special to me, it shows how much he really cares. I say nothing but continue looking at the necklace smiling.

Kakashi puts a finger under my chin and raises my eyes up to him. "No matter where you are, you can always find your way back to me. Lights will guide you home, Amara."

I wrap Kakashi in a hug and he pulls me down, laying with me on the bed, holding me close, his hand rubbing the back of my head. "Kakashi, I love you."

"I love you too, Amara."

We sit in silence for a moment or two, and then Kakashi slowly lifts my arm up to his mouth and he plants soft kisses down each one of my cuts again.

He stops quickly and grabs his side, whimpering a bit in pain. I let him lay his head on my shoulder and he wraps his arms around me, he relaxes into my body.

"Kakashi, what happened? Why can't I remember anything?"

Kakashi takes my hand in his. "I fought Orochimaru. It wasn't going well at all, I took a lot of really strong jabs. Finally, I summoned my dogs and they fought him. While they did that, I grabbed you and let Lila free. She ran as fast as she could here to get help, and I carried you back here."

I'm still so confused. "B-but that doesn't explain why I don't remember it."

Kakashi sits up and pulls me into his chest, letting me rest my head on it, he rubs my back. "Sweetie, you lost a lot of blood, you passed out during that time."

"Oh.." I say blankly. "You shouldn't have saved me, then you wouldn't be hurt."

This angers Kakashi. "I what? I shouldn't have saved you?" He pulls me up to face him.

My voice started shaking. "Yeah. You wouldn't be in pain right now if you hadn't came after me."

"Amara, you're wrong. I'd be in even more pain had I not saved you, I love you."

Kakashi starts to cry. "I just wish I could have saved you that night!"

He falls into my lap and I rub his back while he cries.

He holds me tight and I try and comfort him in the best way I could.

He eventually falls asleep like that.

I stare at this beautiful man in my arms, and I wonder how I got so lucky to have him, or how I got so lucky that he loves me. I run my fingers through his handsome white, shimmery hair.

I honestly can't wait to be back home and live like this every day. Maybe I've found my purpose in life, maybe it's to be with Kakashi.