1.01

PART 1 - THEN

Chapter 1

It didn't feel like it was going to be a special day. It didn't feel like a horrid day. It was just another day, except it wasn't. All those books that say stuff like 'something wasn't right' or 'it felt different' or 'the sun shone brighter for some reason' or 'he looked at me differently, I'm sure that stuff isn't true, and if it is, it just didn't happen to me.

It wasn't as if I hadn't known him before, or he hadn't known me. It wasn't like I was invisible to him, but I kind of was. We had known each other for years. I'd been to his house, he'd come to mine, just not ever really as friends but for school stuff. We had been paired up together our whole lives for school projects. But that's where it started and ended, a school project. Two miserable hours in either of our homes making posters or building volcanoes that refused to erupt. It wasn't like I had looked into his eyes and it was Edward and Bella shit going down, except you could say it was. We just didn't instantly become inseparable and I would kill someone for him, or him for me.

That day, as usual, I woke up. Thank God I did or this story would have taken a dramatic turn to something out of If I Stay. But I am alive, thank Berk's dragons for I am still alive. I took a shower, blow dried my hair, brushed my teeth, yada yada yada. You know, the usual stuff.I arrived in school talked to my three friends, Margie, Cas and Tim. Margie, a lesbian. Tim, gay. And Cas, bisexual. Me, straight. After the John Green epidemic in my reading group and everybody had read Will Grayson, Will Grayson we were then on referenced in whispered rumors and conversations as the gay-straight alliance during silent reading time. But really we should be the gay-straight-bisexual alliance if anything. People really had nothing to do with themselves, honestly, if they were going to talk about us and give us a kind of well thought out nickname during silent reading time in a reading club. 

I went to my locker and pulled out my chemistry textbook. I walked over to the chemistry lab. I placed my homework on Mr Abbot's table. I sat in my seat. The usual (except I was on time today, so maybe there were some miracles).

But he didn't show up to the class that day. Well, he missed the whole lesson basically.

I usually sat beside him and he copied off my work and I copied off his. It was a basic agreement between two people that suck at chemistry. You do for me, I do for you. Can't get angry.

I struggle through the lesson because the arse of a teacher gave us this absolutely exhausting test on ionic bonding and he's great at that but he wasn't there to let me cheat. But don't cheat on your exams kids! Cheating is wrong!

As Mr Abbott took back our test papers - he shook his head when he saw mine. Well, I did tell him that I never understood ionic bonding. As Mr Abbott collected the last test paper he burst through the door. Everyone's head turned to the door and stared at the disheveled boy standing in the doorway.

'Mr Wesley, can you please explain why you are so late?' Mr Abbott asks him in a calm voice but hidden under his ease is the tremble of anger. He hates people being late to his class. I should know. I'm always late to his class.

He didn't answer immediately because he was panting so hard, he must have ran here. He looked up at Mr Abbott. " I had things to do." he finally answered when he finally calmed his breathing.

"What things to do that are so far more important than today's chemistry test?" Mr Abbott asked him.

"Defeating the Dark Lord and saving Hogwarts. Duh."

I couldn't help laughing at that. And I was the only one who got the deeper layer of the joke. Whenever he and I did chemistry experiments he always referred to himself as Harry Potter and called me Ron and Mr Abbott, Snape. Mr Abbott did not think that his Harry Potter excuse was so funny, though, and glared at me for laughing. "Detention Mr Wesley and if I have another disturbance from you in the few minutes left of this class, Miss Lee you might find yourself in Azkaban along with this miscreant." He tells us before putting his finger to his lips to quiet the snickering classroom and telling Miss West to throw away her gum.