FOUR

Chapter four:
• Training •
____________________

                    Avon's POV:

I open my eyes and scrunch my nose. I feel the soft sheets on my skin and stretch out probably looking possessed.

Last night was weird. I met very strange people, had some disgusting food, and met president snow.

Meeting him was like sucking the blood off of your finger after its pricked. The taste makes you cringe. I walk out of my room and into the living room.

"Good morning sunshine!" Says an almost too sober Haymitch.

"Morning?" I  say more like a question.

"Sit have some food." He says patting the seat next to him while motioning to the large buffet that was scattered on the table.

I sit down and load some food on my plate...

"Vasco still asleep?" I ask.

"No princess. He woke up at like six thirty to eat then go train. You're the last tribute to wake up. You should be the one getting up to train." He says

"Oh."

I eat my food and slump into my seat. After I'm finished I walk into my room and grab my training outfit.

It's a black fitted shirt on with a pair of long, black, thick,stretchy pants with a pair of black tennis shoes.

I'm surprised that it isn't all rain bow.

I walk out of my room, down the hall, then into the elevator. Training is down below the lobby level and I'm currently on level 38.

Thinking it would take a while to get there. I was very wrong. The elevator had to have went at least 50 miles per hour. I hold on to the railing for my life.

All of a sudden everything that was light around me soon become dark. I was underground at the training center.

The elevator stops and the doors open. I stumble a little because I'm so light headed. I look up only to see that no one is here. That's strange.

This place is empty.

"Everyone has left already." Says a voice that comes out from no where.

Except I know this voice.

"Is that so Odair?" I ask, he's hiding from me.

"Yep. They all got bored. They have mastered every skill there is to know. Most of them aren't even going to train anymore." He says simply.

He's still hiding and I can't find him.

"Wait. They are all careers?" I yell.

I hear feet hit the ground behind me.

"Yeah, but I didn't tell you. You figured it out on your own." He says in my ear causing me to get chills.

I walk away from him still filled with anger.

"This doesn't make sense. All careers? I'm so confused." I sit down and sigh.

"You shouldn't be. You're to smart. Just look at all of the things that have occurred and piece them together." He says as he sits next to me.

"I don't understand. Ever since I've gotten here, everyone that I speak to thinks that I can figure out everything with ease."