Scar

It hurts doesn't it? I can see it. It's so visible that a blind person could even see it. It crosses through all of you. It never seems to heal. It's right there!
What is "it"? Well, it's a scar. A scar that never seems to heal. In fact, the wound keeps opening. Blood spills out. However, each drop of blood means something. Regret, sadness, pain, depression, bad decisions, and the list goes on.
There isn't a bandage in the world to stop the bleeding. Therefore, the blood continues to spill. You cry out in pain. But you don't hear an answer. So all the bad things continued to happen. Your only daughter was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis; your middle son has autism.
Do you know how those things turned out? Your daughter and your son are now succeeding in life. They are doing just fine. There may have been some bumps in the road, but they fight through. And so do you. Even though this scar has brought you stumbling, falling, and just leaving you wanting to give up. You didn't give up for so long. You fought through every obstacle.
What's happening? Your scar! It's growing larger! I can see it! Why? Why won't it heal? After all these years of suffering. It's becoming infected. We go to the hospital, but no one can help you. No one has seen anything like it. So, in this path of life, you finally fall. But as you look up, I saw something. It was like it was written in your eyes.
Fear.
You were left there to lay. People passed by you, no one helped you out. So you hit your head on the ground and screamed, "I give up!"
You couldn't take the fear anymore. The fear of continuing to fight was too much. The scar...it won't heal. It keeps pushing out blood. Tears ran from your eyes. One drop at a time. Each of them meant something different.
Now that you have laid there for so long, you have grown cold. Your heart has turned to ice. And the blood has turned frozen.
You struggle to stand up. Your legs are weary. As people walked by you, none of them helped you. None of them spoke to you.
What are you doing? Why are you walking away? Why are you stepping off this path? You're still walking...each step you take made you smaller. Until, I couldn't see you anymore. Now, I sit in a chair, waiting for you to come back. I've been waiting for so long now...I'm starting think that you'll never come back.
You were such a fighter. You never gave up to anything, until this one thing came into your life. I understand why it has brought you down this far.
Then, I saw you starting to walk back to the right path. You seem so weak. All because you were on the wrong path the whole time. What's happening? Why is the earth shaking? Then a gap opened in the earth where you were walking. I sit, watching in horror. You fall...you were swallowed up into darkness. I stepped forward to look down. You were alive, standing there like nothing happened. Then you look up, and you saw me. You began to reach for me, but then I saw something walking up behind you and tap you on the shoulder. It said, "Come with me, I have a better path for you." So you followed. I'm watching. I couldn't do anything. The creatures that tapped at you glared at me. It helped you walk. I could see the ahead of you. Lava, boulders, and huge walls were on the path.
I began calling for you. There wasn't a response. I knew you thought the creature was helping you, when it was actually making your life harder. Each step you took deeper in the darkness. A tear began to fall from my face.
"Please come back..."
Then I began to hear your voice, calling for me. "Help me! Why aren't you helping me? I thought you would never abandon me!"
But I never abandoned you, I have been waiting for you all this time. You abandoned me. I saw you commence from the darkness.
"Help me, please!"
So I reached down and took your hand, and pulled you out of the gap in the earth. The creature that tapped you, yelled hateful words. I turned with you in my arms. You were now so weak that your breaths were shallow. I had to help you with every step towards the right path.
"I'm sorry..." you whispered.
Then I stopped and walked in front of you; you looked at me. I put my hand on your shoulder and said. "I forgive you."
As I said those words, I put my other hand on your infected scar. It disappeared. You seemed as strong as ever. Light shimmered in your eyes.
"I've got you." I said.
So you took my hand, and when you did so, your rocky path, with rocks, walls, and other obstacles, cleared.
"As long as I'm with you and you don't do what you want all the time, you'll be alright. I promise." I said.
Your eyes looked at me, then you fell in your tracks. I looked at you with love. You cried. I kneeled down to get eye level with you.
And through your tears I heard you..."Thank you, God."
I smiled. "You're welcome."
So you stood up and held my hand, and we walked along the path together. I will never leave your side.
And that scar...it will never come back, as long as you stay with me.