Chapter 11

"And who's gonna love you  when you're all alone, 

      tell me whatya gonna do when I'm gone?"  ~Hunter Hayes

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

Not much happened in the next few days. Lindsey avoided Niall like the plague while Niall tried his best to find her. Everytime he’d get close to her, she’d turn the other way or pretend she was in such an in depth conversation that she couldn’t talk to him. He knew that she was avoiding him and he wanted to explain how Alicia wasn’t his real girlfriend. She thought it was more than it really was, but it wasn’t. He slept with her a few times, but it was because he was so lonely. 

Today was the day they began the tour. Justin was going on an interview with Lindsey to explain what exactly Stand Up To Cancer was, although the name gave it all away. She wanted to make a difference in the world and allow the kids that aren’t so lucky to be able to get treatment. 

Justin and Lindsey were sitting in the makeup booth on the set of The Late Night Show with Alan Carr. The stylists were curling her hair while she tried to calm herself down. Not once had Lindsey ever had to do something like this, and even public speaking in grade school was terrifying. She couldn’t imagine how hard this was going to be for millions of people to see over and over. 

“Relax babe” Justin said from the seat next to her. He was getting his hair styled while his publicist went over what he was supposed to say and what he had to refrain from talking about. Lindsey heard the publicist say something along the lines as say that she was pretty and that maybe they could make a fake relationship. She just scuffed in her seat ashamed as to what Hollywood has come to. Her friends and ex boyfriend would never get down to that level. 

“Alan’s a pretty chill dude. Just relax and you’ll do fine. You’re going to be talking about a personal topic so it won’t be too hard to talk about, am I right?” Justin asked. The thing was Niall couldn’t be more wrong. Lindsey could make up things for hours that had no affect of her, but as soon as it got personal she froze up and hardly said anything. One of the many reasons why she never told Niall about her real family problems. 

“You’re on in five minutes, Justin” she heard one of the workers say. The male worker had a headset on and a clipboard. If she wasn’t mistake, the worker looked extremely important and totally organized. If she wasn’t so nervous about the interview, she would’ve asked him how he did it. 

“Psst! Lindsey!” she heard a faint whisper coming from behind the clothes rack. When she got up from her chair, she spotted a blonde quiff with the brightest blue eyes. 

“What are you doing there?” she asked. He got up from the floor and dusted off his jeans although there had been no actual dirt on the floor. The people at the studio were more anal than her, there was no chance of even a piece of lint out of place. 

“I know how much you hate public speaking so I figured if you talk to me now you’ll be more nervous about talking to me then random strangers” he said. 

“What am I supposed to talk to you about?” she asked with a slight raise of the eyebrow. To Lindsey, they had nothing to talk about. He had a girlfriend and he was clearly happy without her. The night at the club was nothing. She didn’t know just how much he cheerished that conversation they had. He felt as if there was still a chance for them to make it as a couple. 

“Us.” 

“You know there is no us. You have a girlfriend” she said in defeat trying to place her mind anywhere but their conversation right there. She tried to perfect the speech she prepared herself.