Chapter 2

Deanna sat propped against the headboards of one of the two beds in the room. She flipped through the TV stations until she was disgusted by the choices and turned it off. She signed staring at her phone. She had not been able to get a hold of the boys since they entered the asylum and it was making her nervous. Instead she was left alone in a motel room worrying.

Since Sam had been back she had been left alone, and it wasn't a feeling she liked. It was like Dean didn't need her anymore and just tossed her aside. To say it pissed her off was putting it mildly. She was jealous of the bond Dean had with Sam, and the way that even after two years they were able to simply pick back up where they had left off.

Deanna grabbed her phone and flipped it in her fingers. She had thought about trying to get a hold of their father, but couldn't bring herself to do it. He had after all been the one to send them the coordinates. She flipped the phone open and went to the contacts stopping on his number. She coughed and took a ragged breath. She was getting worse and she knew it. She felt herself getting more and more tired. Some days she could barley move. Perhaps she understood why she was being left behind, but it didn't make it easier.

After some hesitation she pushed the button and began sending her father a text message. -I know you're kinda MIA right now, but I...I'm getting worse and I am scared.I don't...- She stopped and erased the number tossing her phone aside. What good would it do really. he wouldn't respond. Did he even care about her? She was beginning to think not.

After sitting still a few more minuets she grabbed her phone and headed to the bathroom running some warm water into the tub. She pulled her hair up into a loose bun. She turned the small cd player she had on letting the sounds of an obscure indie band lightly echo through the bathroom. She stripped down then slid into the tub letting the hot water swallow her body. She inhaled the steam and closed her eyes trying to relax for once. it wasn't something she ever did, but she was stuck in a motel room alone. She couldn't reach her brothers to give them any of the information she had found.

She had began to drift off when her phone rang. She sighed grabbing it. It was an unavailable number and she frowned wondering who was calling. She flipped the phone open, and held it to her ear.

"Princess?" Came a familiar male voice. She sat up and felt her voice get caught in her through. "Hello?" He said again a slight sound of concern in his voice.

"Um.. D..Daddy?" She asked softly.

There was a pause and then a sigh. "Yeah it's me honey. How...how are you feeling?"

She leaned back closing her eyes. She pondered lieing and telling him she was fine, but perhaps her getting worse would convince him to come back. She let out a cough and took a ragged breath, "Some days are better than others. Today is a good day. It's hard to get out of bed most days. It hurts so much to move."

There was silence and then the sound of him sucking in a deep breath, "I wish I could be there with you, but..." She instantly felt the disappointment filling her. "It's safer this way."

Deanna didn't speak for a moment. She felt a few tears slip down her cheeks and felt like her body was betraying her. "I ...I need you. Sam and Dean...they don't know what to do. They pretend like everything is OK."

He took another deep breath, "I ...I can't come to you sweetheart. I ...maybe soon, but right now. It's for the best." Deanna sat silently felling the tears drip down her cheeks. She wanted to respond, but she knew he would hear her crying. She hadn't cried since she was a little girl, and she didn't want him hearing her do it now. "I am sorry baby. I gotta go. I ...I love you." Before she could respond he hung the phone up, and she closed her letting it hit the bathroom floor.

Finally she let the tears fall in the emptiness of the motel room. She let all the hurt and frustration seep out of her and melt away into the tub of water. She cursed loudly knowing nobody would hear her. She needed him and he wasn't here for her. She needed him to come make it better, but he would not. Perhaps he was right it was safer for whatever reason that he stayed away, but at that lonely moment she didn't care.