ONE-SHOT REQUEST: Manila x Bandar Seri Begawan

Requested by: xXRina-samaXx

-Bandar Seri Begawan's P.O.V.-

Today is the day I visit the city of Manila along with Kuala Lumpur, someone whom I'd say is like an adorable little brother to me. Jakarta is like a sister to me too. She's in Bali at the moment, though.

Manila AKA Manuel, however... I remember back before he was colonized by Mr. Spain, the both of us would always argue. I only got along with Sulu. I was so different back then; I was a bit hard-headed and I would always like to claim what I want is mine. 

Nowadays, Manila and I are on good terms. But it has been a long time since we've talked to each other without any political stuff getting involved, considering we only see each other during meetings. 

I'm worried sick about what Manuel might say to me. I already know that his Nyotalia counterpart has slight hatred on mine. I just hope I can get along with him as long as I got along with Sulu, and I also hope he doesn't remember that girl I used to be. Just thinking about my old self makes me feel so embarrassed.

"I'll be off to Makati now. Will you be fine being alone with Abang Manuel for a while, Kakak Nasreen?" Kuala Lumpur asks.

I nod, trying to shake off my nervous-ness. "Yes, don't worry about me."

"Alright, I'll leave you here."

K.L. walks away, leaving me standing in front of the doors to Manila's office. I could hear his voice. He's... yelling?

"Listen, I'm giving you three hours to get your work done. And when I check on you and find out that it isn't done... YOU'RE GODDAMN FIRED!!" I hear him scream, causing my hands to shiver.

I hesitate at first, but I grab the door knob anyway, and I slowly open the door to take a peek inside. The room is a mess; papers, soft drink cans, and small pieces of food were scattered all over the floor. This is making me even more nervous.

Manila hangs up with whoever he was on the phone, and sighs, looking out at the glass wall where there's the view of the city.

I was about to close the door and leave, until I heard Manuel's voice.

"Bandar?"

...Welp, he caught me.

I open the door and take one step in. "H-hello, Manila."

"Ah, sh*t..." He runs his fingers through his hair and walks in circles like he's panicking. "Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t... I forgot I had someone coming over."

...That mouth of his, though.

"Uh... Bandar something something, right?" He asks.

"It's Bandar Seri Begawan." I say, and with a friendly smile even when he's being quite a bit of a... person who scares me. "My human name is Nasreen Bolkiah. Do you remember me?"

"Ah, right. Nasreen Bolkiah, personification of Bandar Seri Bagawam."

"Begawan."

"Bandar Seri Begawan. Right, sorry."

"It's fine."

"So, would you like me to show you around Manila?"

"I don't mind if you do, but are you sure? It seems to me you're quite busy..."

"What do you mean I'm- Oh... you heard me yelling on the phone, didn't you?" He chuckles nervously and rubs the back of his neck. "Hahahaha, s-sorry... that's... quite embarrassing."

I giggle, "My attitude back before the Europeans colonized us was much more embarrassing."

"Huh? I don't think I remember y- Ah!" He perks up. "Now I remember you!"

I sigh in relief. "Finally..."

"You're that spoiled rich little princess with really long hair, always wearing gold, who invaded me back then!"

I bit my lower lip and look down at my feet. Knew he'd still hate me... "I-I'm so sorry about that. B-but I've changed now!"

"Yup, I know. Kuya Inglatera raised you well, I guess. He was a jerk to me, though. But I'm cool with him nowadays. I'm alright with you, too. I mean- if you're alright with me."

"Don't worry, I'll try my best to remain friendly with you, as well as I will with Miss Philippines. Mr. England can be a bit of a hassle sometimes, though. But yes, he's a great man."

"Yeah, he's alright. But I prefer Kuya Murica. He is a thousand times better." 

How much I wanted to tell him he's wrong, and that Mr. England is much better. Abang Brunei, my siblings, and I all dislike America too. But I don't want to be rude at all so I smile sweetly at Manila and say, "Alright, that's your opinion and I respect it."

"Oh- Hey, wanna see some pictures I have of Kuya Alfred? I found these in Kuya Luzon and Ate Piri's rooms..." He whispers, snickering. 

I am weirded out but I laugh a little at how strange he is. I don't mind it at all, though. "No thank you."

"Eh, alright. So I'm gonna ask you again; wanna have a tour around my place? You know, Metro Manila. Makati... Quezon City... we can also have a tour around Luzon if you're fine with it."

I nod, "Why not? The tour around Metro Manila only, I mean. As much as I also want to visit the other provinces of Luzon, I only have three days of my stay here."

"Yay! Let's go!" He grabs my hand and rushes out the door, dragging me with him. I run as fast as I could and try to catch up with him. I laugh and smile anyway.

And as we tour around Metro Manila, we start to get closer. Time passed by; hours, minutes, seconds...

"...I'm glad we can become good friends and not the enemies we were before." He says. My eyes widen and I glance at him with the happiest smile I could ever form.

"It's like you read my mind."

+++