First Friend (2)

TW: Bullying.

It had been two weeks or so and Dan and Phil were just about past the awkward stage in their friendship. Dan was a lot more open and happy and Phil had learnt so much about him.

For example, Dan loved Pokémon and owned the majority of the games and he loved Muse and had posters of them all around his bedroom.

When you got past Dan's socially awkward stage, he was actually an awesome person. He and Phil liked pretty much all of the same things and that made them great friends.

"Hey Dan!" Phil grinned, skipping across the playground to meet his best friend who was looking down at the floor was a small frown "Are you okay? You look kind of down?"

"I'm- I'm fine." Dan mumbled, refusing to look Phil in the eye.

"You're my friend now, I'm here for you. What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm just.. tired." Phil didn't really hesitate before wrapping his arms around Dan in a way of saying that he wanted him to be okay.

The bell then rang, splitting them apart.

-

Dan was walking down the corridor to meet Phil when someone blocked his way. He hesitantly looked up to meet eyes with someone who wore a threatening look and had clenched fists by their sides. "Hey, loner." The guy smirked, placing a hand on Dan's shoulder (which Dan flinched from). Dan glanced behind him, hoping that Phil would walk up and save the day. "I see you made a friend? The freak."

"He isn't a freak." Dan muttered without even bothering to defend himself.

"Oh yeah? He skips. Skips. Who the hell does that?"

"There's nothing wrong with that!"

"And he has the mindset of a 5-year-old. What is he? Mental?"

"N-" Dan was cut off by the rude guy carrying on with his insults.

"I'm pretty sure he's gay too. Considering he writes stories. Only freaks write books." (*awkwardly coughs*)

"I write books-"

"Makes you gay too. Aw, is he your little boyfriend? How cute." Dan was beginning to get slightly angry as his fists were clenching at his sides. "Do you cry together about being useless idiots?"

That was when Dan had had enough. He swung his fist towards the annoying idiot in front of him and hit him straight in the jaw.

"Dan!" A small voice called out before someone was beside Dan. "Why did you hit him?"

"He said you were gay, mental and a freak-" Tears were beginning to fill Dan's eyes and so Phil enveloped him into a hug.

"It's okay, Dan."

"I'm going to kill you when I get the chance, loner." The guy spat before pushing past Dan and down the corridor.

"Is this why you were so sad? Has he been hurting you?" Dan stifled a nod, making Phil hold him tighter.

"I'll protect you," Weirdly, Phil didn't hesitate before pressing his lips against Dan's forehead, letting him know that he was there for Dan.

No matter what.

"Friend."

What is your favourite genre of phanfic to read? (As in angst.. fluff.. that stuff)

I quite like angst and fluff :3

And are there any one shots you want me to write? I may not be able to write them all but I can try and write some!