Second date 1.

The sky reflected in the water doubling its brilliance. Danny parked the car close to the water. The evening continued to be hot for that period of the year. Last migrating birds were heard. The bridge was in front of them and passer-byers were seen standing on it. The streetlights on the bridge also lit up the water. The Moon was a circle eaten at the bottom right.

Danny got out the car. Dalma didn't wait for him to open her door, she came out at the same time with him. They both looked at the sparkling water, standing near the shore. It smelled more like spring than fall. Energy and life could be heard across the bridge and away from it. It was one of those nights that you had to remember with melancholy in the older ages or in your moments of crossroads.

Danny was looking at Dalma and knew he had to make a move before losing courage.

"So, here the stars kiss the ground?" She said, looking at him with a perfect smile.

Danny came to her, inspiring more of her appealing scent and took his hand to the back of her head, her silky hair danced between his fingers. Dalma looked at him not pulling back, waiting for him. She received his lips' touch and led him to a nice and complete feeling.

"Here, the stars kiss the ground." Said Danny after their lips separated.

Dalma smiled kissing him briefly for his romantic gesture.

"It felt wonderful." She said. "Thank you."

"Thank you. You learned the dance."

"I was curious. Don't even know how it came out."

"It doesn't matter. We felt good, right?"

"Yes." Dalma answered and Danny surrounded her with his right arm.

They remained in a semi-hug viewing the night's painting. It was a first step for Danny, and he felt like a man. Dalma was the most beautiful girl in high school and she was with him. What more could he want?

Joely was waiting for Dalma online. They talked for some time and after that, Dalma was ready to sleep. Before she closed eyes, one last picture stayed on her retina: Iz smiling while she kissed Danny.

She woke up as confused as she slept. Luckily, it was Saturday and there was no need to see anyone if she didn't want. Except now she had a sort of a boyfriend. Danny will surely want to call on weekends or she will have to call him. The last night was like a mirage and his soft and full lips drew her in. She didn't know exactly what she felt for him but began to understand.

After a quiet weekend in which she spoke with Danny and Joely, Dalma was ready for class. Four weeks of routine had passed. School was again first and some evenings belonged to hanging with Danny or Joely and other girls. Cold finally came, keeping the inside for a few days. Dalma almost forgot about the talent show until Danny reminded her the day before it. Without having to go to her ex's party of the year, Dalma had nothing to do that night and was happy to go out with Danny and his parents.

The school's theater was almost full of parents and children younger and older. It was fidgetiness and heat. Dalma took her place near Danny's mother who was excited and applauded too loud for how close they were to the scene. The microphone took over the noise of her applause and it seemed the whole room was cheering with her. Some talents were a little embarrassing for the competitors and their families.

Some singers had emotions and often got the wrong notes, some actors forgot the lines inventing ones with humor that were not part of the sketch, not even of those thought as a stand-up. It was a general confusion but it didn't matter. What mattered was the show to end. The students wanted to get rid of their bad idea to register for the contest, the parents wanted to get back to their turkeys half eaten. Nonetheless, they all enjoyed their family time but it was enough after two hours of show and was it near the end when Danny's turn came, among those in the last year. Five more courageous and they would announce the big winner and the other smaller winners.