⇝ 0.7 ⇜

(y/n)'s POV

I felt myself wake up. The lights were off, and it was very dark in my room. I looked towards the balcony, only to find the moon and the stars lighting up the sky and parts of my room. I felt like I couldn't go back to sleep, so I took my bag and slowly opened my door. At this point, I felt like I have two choices. One, I can go back to my house to get my things, I still have the key. Or two, I can go see if anyone is up.

I decided to get my things, I'm off tomorrow anyway. I closed my door, to make the others think that I'm still sleeping, and I crept down the halls ever so slowly. It was painful... I finally managed to leave the building, making sure to keep the address in my phone. I walked the empty streets, steering clear of any alleyways and shadowy people.

I made it to my house, it was still locked and all the lights were off, just like I always left it. I unlocked the door, and closed it behind me, making sure to lock it again. I made my way to my room and grabbed a duffle bag, one that my parents sent me from America, I stuffed it with almost all of my clothes, my phone charger, my laptop and the charger for it, and all the other essentials that I thought I would need. Overall, I had to use a carry-on, my duffle bag, and two suitcases.

Now I know why everyone uses a moving truck...

_

I got back inside the building, I kept praying that I wouldn't make too much noise. Now I'm walking down the hall to my room, I stopped short when I heard talking coming from Ryuzaki's room. I quickly ran inside my room and put my stuff towards a wall, grabbed my bag for school, and made my way to Ryuzaki's room. The talking continued, it seemed to be from only one person.

Is Ryuzaki... Talking to himself?

I slowly opened his door, only a crack. There I saw Ryuzaki, staring at monitors, I saw him look at the monitor in my room and he slowly stood up, and started to turn towards the door. I quickly, and quietly, closed his door and quietly made my way back to my room. I closed my door, turned on my light, and sat on my bed. I searched through my bag and saw my notepad from when I was searching Kira online. I took that out and a pen, and turned to the page that I had about Light. I managed to add a few things about Light, including how I'm able to see Ryuk now that I touched a page of the Death Note, then I pretended to write when I heard a knock on my door.

"Hitomi? Are you awake?" I heard.

Ryuzaki..

"Oh, yeah. I'm up. I forgot that I'm being monitored.. You can come in if you want." I said, politely.

He apparently took up my offer and walked in. I looked at him, he was still wearing his jeans and white shirt, his hair still a mess, and the under eye circles still looked like he hasn't slept in days, maybe weeks.

"Can't sleep?" I asked, even though I knew the answer.

"Well, you should know, since you checked on me." Ryuzaki said as he sat in a chair, staring at me.

"I heard talking and I wanted to know if something happened." I defended my side.

"Ok. By the way, what are you doing with that notepad?" He pointed at my notepad.

I didn't want him to see it, but I guess I'll have to show him. I shouldn't have taken it out if I knew he would come by.. Damn you brain..

"It's... About Kira.." I said.

"Can I see?"

"Thought you'd never ask." I said sarcastically, crawling to end of my bed and extended my arm with the notepad in my hand.

He took it and flipped it to the page with 'Kira', he read over what I wrote, then checked to see if there was more. Then he saw 'that' page. The one about Light. He read it, I saw an occasional nod every so often. Ryuzaki then looked at me. I knelt on the edge, but not too close that'll make me fall off, and looked at Ryuzaki, which made me internally panic.

"I know. I know. Some of the things I wrote can't be proven. They're stupid, but it's what I noticed." I said.

"I believe everything you wrote, Hitomi."

My eyes went wide. How can he believe me? Especially about a shinigami?

"Yes I believe you. To answer your question about the shinigami, here are the things that I have noticed," Ryuzaki started.

I said that out loud... Damn it... Oh wait, he's talking.

"I never knew that Light carried around a book called the Death Note. I had theories that he might be Kira, but I dismissed them whenever Yagami was in the room. I told you this at the cake shop before. I also thought that he could be using the help of a shinigami. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who thought of this." He finished.

He gave me a kiddie smile. The way he looks, which isn't bad, it kind of... Made him look adorable. The smile he gave, I can tell that it was rare, he should smile more often.

"Well, now I know you're not Kira." I said, giving a genuine smile.

"How-"

"You kinda proved it when we were talking about Light, also, you don't seem to be the type of person who can kill people like Kira. I know what you'll say, I just met you and I can't make assumptions just yet. But I just... Know that you're not Kira, Ryuzaki." I said, looking away from the man, rubbing my upper arm with my cold hand, giving me little goosebumps.

"So, you trust me?" Ryuzaki asked.

I nodded, then I made myself look serious. I snapped my head at Ryuzaki, making him shift in his frog position. He saw that I was serious, I think it made him nervous.

"I'll tell you this.. I'm so used to being called 'Hitomi', it'll feel nice for someone to say my real name again." I said, getting up from the bed.

I made my way to Ryuzaki. He looked straight at me, showing no signs of emotion on his face. I stood in front off him, and leaned towards his ear. I took a deep breath and whispered in his ear.

"My real name is (y/n) (l/n). It's nice to officially meet you, Ryuzaki."