⇝ 2.6 ⇜

(y/n)'s POV

"Shh..." I heard Lawliet whisper in my ear as his arms wrapped around me, "You're shaking, (y/n).."

"T-Thank you.." I whispered to him as I placed my hands on his arms.

I stared at the door, hearing Light struggle to come up with a lie, but whoever came, didn't believe him.

"Hitomi? Ryuzaki? You may come out now." I heard the voice.

Yagami-san?

I grabbed the Death Note and my phone, keeping it close to me. I knew that there would be a chance that Light would try to grab my phone and the book, either because of me holding them or if I left them in here.

"Should I come out with these? There's going to be a chance that he'll grab the book and my phone, even if I do hold them myself or I leave them in here." I whispered to Lawliet.

"There's going to be a 75% chance if you do one or the other, from what I see, you're going to hold them, that'll be 37.5%. If you were to leave the book in here and bring your phone, then it'll boost up to 75%, but then there will be a 15% chance that he'll be caught if you leave one of them in here." Lawliet responded back to me with math.

"As much as I love your smart way of thinking, I think it's best to have them both, remember, Ryuk is here and he could come and go as he pleases without being seen. So, he can come get the Death Note if he wanted to listen to Light giving him orders, which I don't think he'll do. Speaking of him, I believe that he's still watching Light stumbling over his words." I said as I walked to the door.

I opened it, holding everything in my (dominant arm) just because I have a tighter grip with it. There I saw the whole task force, Matsuda and some other guy, who I don't talk to, were holding Light by the arms. Judging by how his hands were behind his back, they had him handcuffed.

"This is getting more and more ridiculous and creepy.." I said as I let out a sigh, lifting up (h/c) strands of hair.

I then felt Lawliet tuck my (h/l) (h/c) behind my ears. I have him a smile and a kiss on the cheek, I then realized that I loosened my grip on my things, in which I was in control of my grip again. I look at Light, only to see him staring at me, with a face that looks like he's ready to lose his mind. Not like he hasn't..

"Why, Light? Why would you even dare to do this to Ryuzaki and I?" I asked.

"I wanted you, Hitomi, and I still do! I know it's selfish but I never wanted you to hate me, I didn't want you to get close to Ryuzaki! I wanted you to get close to me, and when you met my family months ago my mind began to act funny, even when I still had intentions on killing you... I didn't want you to die-"

"You mean YOU didn't want to kill me, so you killed others. Why Light? Why would you kill people?" I cut him off.

"You should know! We talked about this!" He shouted at me.

"When, Light?"

"At the park!"

F L A S H B A C K

"I guess it's because I have my guard up. I don't want to say or do the wrong thing, it's like playing chess, you make one wrong move and it can cost you the entire game. It's how I feel with the Kira case, I don't want to say or do the wrong thing..."

"Because you're opponent will call checkmate and kill." Light finished my thought.

"Yeah, exactly. I don't want anyone else to get hurt, like I understand that Kira targets criminals.. But.. I just hope he realizes that even if he does kill every criminal in Japan, heck even the whole world, a new criminal will always be born. I just hope that they have some common sense to not get killed right now. I just wish Kira realized that life is precious, and taking it away.. It's kind of sad. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thing to get rid of the criminals, it just makes life easy for us, but seeing people die... It just reminds me of how we'll all die someday.. You know what I mean? It makes me think of how much time I have left."

I released a long sigh that I didn't know that I was holding back. I then felt myself get pulled into an embrace.

"Light?"

"I just thought you needed one."

"Y-Yeah... I did.." I choked out my words, not wanting tears to fall.

F L A S H B A C K E N D E D

That of all times!!

"That was just a hunch! So, I was right? You want to get rid of criminals?" I asked.

"Yes! This world would be better without them! Then," Light looked insane, "I will be the god of this new world! You understood me Hitomi, I wanted you to be my queen! But now that you're with Ryuzaki, I can't even bare to think that you were ripped away from me!!"

"SHUT UP!!!" I shouted, "I WAS NEVER YOURS TO BEGIN WITH, YOU BECAME A THREAT TO ME ONCE I TOUCHED THIS BOOK BACK IN HIGH SCHOOL!! YOU WANTED ME DEAD AND NOW YOU DON'T? GO MAKE MISA YOUR QUEEN BECAUSE IF I'M ANYONES QUEEN, I'M RYUZAKI'S!!! YOU WERE AN ACQUAINTANCE TO ME LIGHT AND YOU RUINED IT WHEN I SAW YOU ATTACK RYUZAKI FOR NO REASON! YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL THAT I KEPT ALL OF THESE SECRETS FOR YOU AND THE FACT THAT YOU WERE TALKING TO ME ALONE ABOUT KIRA, ISN'T THAT SKETCHY ENOUGH? Oh wait.. No, because you're a straight A student and the son of the chief in the police station, so, of course no one would suspect you. But. I. Did." I spat in his face, leaving everyone speechless and shocked.

I think I basically threw Light under the bus. Well, you shouldn't have thrown my brother six feet under the ground. Whoops, an eye for an eye, Light Yagami..