Epilogue

//* BTW this is from Rin's perspective.

Being in a warm world of affection sometimes drowns out people's true intentions.

Alex, no matter how hard you tried, I could never be your only support. I suppose this was the only way to show you that there really are other people out there for you. I'm sorry. So, truly, sorry. I could see you each step of the way, and I will understand if you hate me now for standing by and doing nothing as you fell further and further. But I'm glad that now you understand.

It wasn't the driver that really caused it. It was me. I saw that driver go, and I didn't care to warn my mother. You may hate me now, but I'm glad that I helped you to realize that many people are there for you.

I'm so sorry. I don't want for you to hate me now, but if that's what happens, I'm still happy for you.

But please don't. Please don't hate me. I couldn't stand it if that happened.

I want to cry a little now, because he couldn't hate me, right? ...Right? But I'm still scared for what lays beyond the horizon.

I don't want to end this beautiful relationship. But I'm the one who caused it, right?

I can never say how sorry I am.

Never.

I can't even ask for you to forgive me anymore.

But I gather up the few bits of courage that I have and slowly, ever so slowly, crack open my eyelids.