T W O

Talya Westbrook

I was at home, laying on my bed, watching Law & Order when I received a text

FaceTime me- Emma

I hate it when people do that. Why do they tell me to FaceTime them? Why can't they just FaceTime me?

Ok- Talya

I called her and she picked up almost immediately.

"Talya?" She said into the phone "Yeah?" "Did you hear what happened in LA?" I asked "No. What happened?" "There was a shootout at a police station. Everyone in there died." "Oh that's sad.. But why does it concern me? We live in New York" "People died!" She raised her voice.

"I mean, police don't wanna treat my people like people, so God bless." "Talya!" "What? They'll kill a nigga like a stupid silver badge gives them more human rights. Plus you said it was in LA right?" I asked "Yeah." "Mhm. Top level racist over there."

"Shut up." She mumbled "Why'd you really call me anyways?" I asked "I was scared to go to the kitchen alone." She said in a duh voice.

She always calls me cause she's scared of the dark even though she's twenty-two years old.

"Ok, bye love you!" I yelled into the phone then hung up.

I plopped my phone down beside me and tuned back in to Law & Order.

Not even ten seconds later my phone started buzzing. It was an incoming FaceTime call from Emma.

I pressed accept to be screamed at

"TALYA!" "What?" I laughed "Ya know what, fuck you!" She yelled out of breath "What happened?" "I had to sprint back upstairs... It was so dark and I ran into a fucking wall, asshole." She said annoyed

"I'm sorry," I laughed "I'll make it up to you." "Ok. We should go to the moonlight cafe rooftop thing. Whatever it's called. Drinks are half off on Saturdays after 10:00." "Ok, fine."