Ch.16

*Darlene's Pov*

I smashed through the last set of bricks. Wiping the sweat from my brows and slouching against the wall.

I've been busting through the cell walls to make a larger living space.

But afterwards I'm fixing the bars to where there somehow connected and protect me and whom ever from a walker invasion. But there's little chance the geeks could get through to me.

So no worries.

I sighed picking up Dale's toolbox, scooting it under the bed. I smiled remembering the first time I'd meet Dale. He was kind and loving to me. A great man as was others I've encountered. I wiped a single tear from my eye, cleaning up the scraps and dust. I finished taking a paint brush and the paint. I splattered the paint on the wall smoothing it out. I put the brush down and admired my work.

For a fifteen year old it's not to bad. I took a wash cloth and cleaned my hands up.

I sat down taking a water bottle from my bag, and taking a sip.

Niall knocked on the wooden table scarring me. I jumped placing my hand on my chest. Niall smirked sitting beside me.

"Need help?" Niall asked.

"Sure if ya' wanna." I shrugged resting my forearms on my knees.

"Come on then, girlie." Niall chuckled holding out his hand.

I took his hand jumping to my feet.

Niall grabbed a brush and began painting. I smiled following his actions. I looked at him skillfully attempt to paint to perfection. I bit my lip dipping the brush into the pail of paint. I rised the brush and splatted the runny liquid at Niall. Niall touched his shirt and smiled. He grabbed his and flinged some at me. I shrieked running away from him. Niall chased after me laughing the whole time. His arms wrapped around my waist spinning me around. Niall set me down his grip still on my hips. I blushed looking down. Niall twirled me around to where I was facing him. He tilted my chin up to where I was looking him directly in the eyes.

He smiled whispering in my ear, "Can I kiss you?"

I didn't speak. Niall took that as a yes and pressed his lips to mine. He lifted me up securely holding my butt up with his hands. He slammed me up against the fresh paint. Not in a violent way though. I pulled apart first not wanting this to go further. He breathed heavily his forehead touching mine.

"Niall I'm sorry I don't know where my heart lyes." I cried.

A/N: Comment, vote if you liked.Follow me if you want.

Stay awesome! :-)

~Kitty