Two

~Avery's POV~

I haven't seen Calum in about two weeks and I wonder where he disappeared to.

Today I was sitting in the coffee shop eating a muffin and typing away at my laptop. My classes were over and I decided to make a quick stop there for a little while before I went home.

Luckily, I didn't have to work today either. Finishing my muffin and three cups of tea later I decided it was best to head home because it looked like it was about to rain.

I put my things in my bag and walked outside, just as I predicted, it started to rain and rain is not my friend to my hair. I quickly got in the car and tried to start it.

The car didn't start, the car was on the older side and it was my first car and I wasn't ready to let go of it already. "You've got to be kidding me," I said to myself.

I tried starting it again, "Please start, it's raining and it's kind of a long walk back home," I said to myself again. I took the key out and put it back in, the third time is a charm right?

Wrong.

The car didn't start. I got out the car and stood under the awning of the coffee shop and got my phone from out my bag.

As I was about to call for a tow truck someone called out to me.

"Avery!" I turned my head and I saw Calum walking towards me. I don't know why but I was kind of glad to see him since I haven't seen him in a while.

"Hey," I greeted him. "Why are you standing in the rain?" He asked.

"My car won't start," I simply told him.

"Do you want to come with me? I can take you home," he offered.

"No, thanks, I'm about to call for someone to help me out," I told him.

"No come with me, I don't want to leave you here in the rain," he explained.

"How do I not know you're a serial killer or something...with nice suits and shoes?" I questioned him.

"Do I look like a serial killer to you, Avery?" He sassed me.

"Looks can be deceiving Calum," I sassed back. He smirked at me knowing he won me over.

"Okay fine, no funny business," he walked over to his car and opened the door for me.

"No funny business," he said back to me with a smile and closed the door and got in on the drivers side.

"Where to?" He asked, I gave him the directions to my apartment complex and he started to drive.

"So Avery, tell me about yourself."

"What do you want to know?" I asked suddenly feeling flustered.

"What's your favorite color, where you're from, when's your birthday, hobbies, stuff like that." Calum told me.

"Well my name is Avery, my favorite color is orange, I'm from North Carolina, my birthday is September 30, I'm 20, I don't have any hobbies, I'm in college, I work at a grocery store, I have a kitten, um, I think that's it." He nodded 

"So, what brought you here to California?" I rubbed the backs of my hands on my thighs.

"I got a scholarship to go to school out here, so I took the offer. I didn't really want to leave my family, because they're kind of all I have," I said shyly.