Twelve

I can't believe Calum would sleep with Nikki! He convinced me that him and her were over!

Since it was around 2:00 I decided to pay Nikki a visit and give her a piece of my mind. I walked in Calum's office and headed for the elevator.

"Avery! Calum's not in today!" The receptionist said from the desk.

"I know, I won't be long." I stepped in and the doors shut taking me up to the top floor.

When I got off I was greeted by Ashton, he seemed a bit nervous but also trying to cover something up.

"Hey Avery, what are you doing here? Calum's not here."

"I'm looking for someone in particular," I said pushing past him and made my way to Calum's office and just as I predicted, there she was sitting at his desk with her feet propped up on it.

I walked in closing the door behind me.

"Look bitch," I said sternly knocking her feet off of Calum's desk. "Why don't you understand how to not mess with another woman's man?"

"Excuse me?" She said acting clueless.

"Don't play stupid! You heard what I said," I walked over to the desk and got in her face.

"Stay away from Calum! If I ever see or hear that you were around him you'll regret it." I seethed.

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes. "Have him, I'll be around very soon with something of his so prepare yourself." She smirked at me getting up and leaving. I stood there confused trying to figure out what she meant but at the same time trying not to snatch her hair out her head.

-

"Avery, talk to me." Calum pleaded.

"Calum there is nothing to talk about, okay?" I say angrily going into my room going through my hamper gathering dirty clothes to put in the wash.

"What are you mad about?" He stood in the door way of my room.

"Really Calum?" I stood up with a shirt in my hands, "You're gonna play stupid with me?"

"I- I mean I know why you're mad but let me explain." He sat on the edge of my bed.

"Explain what? That you slept with your ex-girlfriend even though you told me you wanted absolutely nothing to do with her?" I ended up yelling at him not even realizing it.

"Avery, I'm really sorry." He sighed in defeat as I roll my eyes continuing to separate my clothes.

"If you wanted her so bad, why don't you go be with her." I mumbled bitterly under my breath in which he heard, that didn't sit well with Calum.

"Fine. I think I will, she treated me way better than you do anyway, and she's not living off me either." He got and left.

I  dropped the clothes and followed him. "Calum? Where are you going?" I say watching him put on his shoes, I quickly grab his keys before he can get to him.

"To Nikki, like you said I should probably be with her." He reached for his keys.

"No," I shook my head hiding the keys behind my back. "That's not what I meant and you know it." I say as tears start to fill my eyes.

"Save the tears Avery, it's not gonna work this time." He says backing me into the wall trying to get his keys from me.

I shook my head violently again as Calum got ahold of the keys trying to pull them out of my grasp as I tried to keep them in my hands.

"Avery, let go, one of us is going to get hurt if you don't stop." He pulled the keys towards him.

"No, you let go, I'm not letting you leave." I said pulling the keys towards me.