Chapter 6

Tom had slept for over five hours. If I wouldn't wake him, he'd probably not be able to sleep at night. But first, I needed to check on the kids. They had made their way outside, where they were playing at the pool with some of the staff, drinking fancy looking fruit juices.

Back in the bedroom, I watched Tom sleep for a while. Even in his sleep I could tell that he would feel better, with the rash on his face gone. He had gone mad, earlier, but now he was that sexy man again, the man I could trust and rely on. So badly had I wished to be the same for him. When I gently stroked over his cheek, his lips formed to a slight, content smile. Tom sighed before he turned to lie on his other side. Without thinking, in a momentum, I stripped off my clothes, all the way down to my sky blue underwear. Hoping for the desired effect, I carefully kneeled on the bed, crawling slowly over Tom.

"Time to wake up, Tommy," I whispered in his ear, sliding my body over his.

"Hmm?" was all Tom responded while his eyes remained closed. I wanted to feel him so badly. I inhaled deeply to take him in, but it was not enough. I needed to feel him. Carefully, I slid up Tom's shirt, freeing his bare chest. His scars, which were so familiar now, exposed. When I ran my fingers over them, Tom shrugged, opening a slit of his eyes. His warm hand covered my fingers, leading them up to his mouth, where they were greeted by a kiss. My body followed my hand, sliding over Tom's chest, our naked skins touching. Tom's eyes were closed again. His hands running blindly over my warm body. A smile adorned his face, as the smooth tips of his fingers slid over my hip.

"I love being woken up like this," Tom murmured under heavier breaths. He does love me! Slowly, his deep blue eyes opened, looking back at me with content affection. "You are just so beautiful," Tom produced in pure astonishment, when suddenly he rolled around, so I no longer lay on top, but next to him. I protested, but my words disappeared under Tom's stuttering apologies, while pushing himself up. "What time is it? - I got to get that contract out. - Sorry, Engel. I'll be finished in a few hours."

"Tom," I almost shouted to drown his monologue. "Lie down!" That gained me some attention.

"I'm sorry, Lisa." Tom apologised again, running his long fingers over my cheek, and down my neck. "I wanted our time here to be perfect."

"It is, Tom."

"Yeah, right. Darling. Why don't you get yourself a massage organised or go to the pool. I'll just finish a few things, then I'll join you." His fingers ran further south, over my bra, tracing the rim of each cup. Not leaving his eyes, I climbed back on top of him, unable to hide a stupid grin on my face. "Oh, Engel!" Tom struggled.

"You're going to stay here with me Tommy," I whispered in his ear while nibbling on his earlobe.

"Tommy?" Tom was obviously surprised by my giving him a new nickname. "No one's ever called me that before.

"Sorry, Tom. Not manly enough?"

"I love it from you. You know that you have me completely wrapped around your finger, don't you?"

"Do I?"

To my contentment, Tom had stopped his attempts to getting out of bed.

"Completely." Tom's fingers were now circling playfully around my navel.

"Only you could get me distracted from work."

"Well, it's good then that everything is done," I replied, shrugging my shoulders while trying in vain to suppress a satisfied grin.

"What do you mean?" The fingers on my tummy stopped in their tracks, his eyes pierced mine questioningly. Casually, I continued to stroke through his unruly hair.