[4] // lewis

"It's me, Arthur. Don't you remember me?"

If I still had my mouth, I would be wickedly grinning. The psychopathy that was residing in the caves seeped into my heart, infecting it with a scrolling list with comorbid hatreds. Most of them related to what I started to call 'the event', but many still pertained to the electric yellow ghost hunter whom I loved.

I tossed my head back and a luscious pompadour of rosy pink fire adorned my head like a king's crown.

"It's me, Lewis! The one you killed ! I'm surprised you've forgotten! Well, I'll make you remember, kid, and I'll make sure you'll never forget it."

With those words, I winded up my swinging punch - stopping short when I heard Arthur cry out again.

"Lewis, I love you, it wasn't me!"

I stood in place, the soft pink glow engulfing my fist fading.

"What do you mean it wasn't me ?"

"I-I was possessed." Arthur admitted, a sliver of anxiety falling away as I settled myself down. "I tried to warn you about it. I repeatedly cried out for you to get away from the ledge. You didn't listen - you didn't give a shit. Then this green monster possessed me. It crawled up to me and took control of my body. Turned me evil and green. I - no, it - then pushed you off of the cliff."

I looked at him, bewildered.

"When our eyes met, that's when I realized what had happened. Your expression when you died was one that made me want to leap after. But the demon wouldn't allow it." Arthur explained. "It then went to try to torture me - but that's when Vivi and Mystery found me. They asked me what happened - and saw that I had pushed you off the cliff. Vivi began to berate me, but Mystery stopped her and said that I had no control. That's when he bit off my arm."

Arthur shrugged off his orange puffy vest before rolling up the limp sleeve and revealing a stump of an arm.

"I then stayed behind and pushed both Vivi and Mystery away. I stayed here for four days before this - this event, I g-guess..." he said, before unrolling the sleeve and putting his vest on again. "I ran away from you because it seemed like you were about to murder me."

I looked Arthur before sighing.

"I was." I admitted. "I really was about to kill you before you stopped me."

Arthur sighed in relief.

"After you left me for dead, I became this." I said, emphasizing my body. "I then possessed the home and began to terrorize everyone inside - including you. When you hid, I brainstormed ideas. I created the deadbeats and they helped me find you."

"Y'mean those purple ghost gold-hearted ones?"

"Yes, them." I replied, sighing. "Really, I can summon them at will."

The small slivers of kindness in my heart fizzled away as my emotions completely switch.

"Which is why I'll summon them to murder you."

"W-WHAT?!" Arthur screeched, clearly shocked by my change of emotion.