[5] // arthur

Lewis had changed so quickly - I knew there must have been something going on. He changed from wanting to save me - to wanting to kill me.

It wasn't my fault. He must understand it by now. I was possesed - I turned evil against my will. It hurt so much - the monster tortured me for every second it was part of me.

What would have happened if Mystery hadn't saved me? Would I have killed Vivi and Mystery too? I could have killed everyone against my will.

"Lewis - don't you understand?" I yelled, still confused as to why he had changed so quickly. "You can't just kill me now! Did you even listen to me?"

Lewis nodded, grinning. "Of course I did - but do you really think I'd believe you?"

I couldn't do this. Lewis had to understand somehow. He had to. He needed to believe me. I didn't deserve this - no matter what he believed. Because I didn't kill him. The monster did.

I wasn't evil! I wasn't! Lewis thought I was - though. He wasn't looking at me when the monster became part of me. He didn't see the green possessing my body. He just felt the push - and saw the confusion in my eyes.

Deadbeats began to fill the the room, cornering me at the back of the room. Lewis had changied so quickly. The deadbeats followed him so blindly - willingly obeying Lewis's order to kill me. "Lewis! Please!" I begged.

"You're going to feel the pain I felt! You're going to be left alone for eternity!" He laughed madly - glaring at me. I couldn't see love. I just saw anger, rage. He wanted me dead.

This wasn't the Lewis I knew. The Lewis I knew loved me. Cared about me. Would calm me down every time I was crying. The Lewis I knew would understand.

"You can't do this... This isn't who you are." I muttered, shaking my head in fear.

The ghost grinned "Oh but I can do this. And I will" he sighed, pushing the deadbeats towards me. I sheilded my face with my hands, hoping not to get hurt.

"Don't do this! I still love you - Lewis!" I begged him. "I've been going insane without you. I can't stand the thought of being alone"

Lewis smiled, placing his ghostly hand on my neck. I could still feel it. It was choking me "You'll have to get used to it! After this is over - I'll make sure you can't come back."

"But what about us? What about Vivi? What about the way you held my hand when I was scared? I was begging for you to come away! I just felt it.. I knew something bad was going to happen. I just knew it.." I admitted. I glared at Lewis - not sure how I should be feeling. I didn't want to fight back.

Lewis showed no emotion - tightening the grip on my neck. "You were planning to kill me - that's why!" He yelled "You were lying to me all this time - weren't you?"

Lewis was wrong. He was so wrong.

"No...I love you more than anyone else in the world. I missed you so much - and I swear you used to be the only thing keeping me alive" I sighed. We fell in love when I was depressed - on the verge of suicide. The anxiety had got too much for me.

"Well - isn't it ironic that I'll get to kill you?" He smirked - preparing to kill me.

I was shaking and crying desperatly now - scared for my life. "Lewis. Don't you remember that I love you? I still love you! If you're here, then I want us to fall in love again. I want us to live in this mansion. I want us to stay up at night, cuddling until the sun comes up. Don't you remember that?"

Lewis fell silent - loosening the grip on my neck.

"I-I remember."