In Danger

"What does he see in her anyway?"

*

*

*

*

*

*It was just a normal Sunday in the Tran's house hold. Patrick was out of town for a trip so that left Susan and Lydia at home. Susan was in the kitchen while Lydia was just sitting around in her room texting Alicia. They were really just talking about Alicia's boyfriend Matt.

"Lydia!", Susan called

"Yes bà ngoại", Lydia yelled

(bà ngoại is grandmother in Vietnamese)

"Come in the kitchen please."

"Okay."

Ava got up from her bed still texting Alicia. 

"Yes?", Lydia asked still texting

"I found this in your room.", Susan said holding up a piece of paper.

Ava quickly sent her text and looked up. She saw the paper and but as she read the first line she got scared.

Your child is in danger of graduating.

"That isn't mine.", Lydia said snatching the piece of paper.

"Than who does it belong too?"

"Probably Nick. He hasn't gone to college in days.", Lydia said.

"Why does it have your schools name on the top than.", Susan said.

Lydia didn't know what else to say. No matter what she ended up saying it would end bad.

"Um they probably forgot to add that I might not graduate with the scholar ship of my dream. I really wanted to go to the University of Penn but they haven't responded. You know Ms. Clark likes to joke around.", Lydia said.

Susan just laughed and hugged her daughter.

"I'll make sure I'll call your parents and tell them that you're still waiting on the call from them and Brown University.", Susan said. "Oh and Lydia I need you to stay over the Clark's house for a while. I really need to clean this house and make it look good so when Patrick comes back he can just relax."

"Okay,  well I'm going to go out with Alicia bye.", Lydia said.

She hugged her Grandmother and walked out.

Lydia: Come out side now.

In about five minutes a girl came sliding off Lydia's jeep and into the car slamming it. 

"Wow no respect.", Lydia said.

"Shut up and Drive.", Alicia said and the two girls laughed.

"This Jeep means a lot to me.", Lydia said

As Lydia explained the situation back a her home and about her staying at Alicia's house she saw something in the park. It was a guy walking slowly. It was sketchy. 

"Ava did you hear me? What are you going to do about school?", Alicia asked.

"Oh sorry, Um I'm not sure. I'm back on the Lax team and my grades are getting better. I might be able to go somewhere that my family would be proud of."

"That's good. And don't worry about staying over. Nick isn't home half of the time so your okay. And if he is I'll hide you."

Lydia just smiled.