Chapter 6

The entire town was a cult, a cult that had a daily mass about the death of those that didn't believe, and honestly, Max was terrified. He didn't trust anyone, not even Ross. He had trusted Ross, but then he said that the people that slept get possessed. And, Max noted, Ross looked exhausted.

He didn't fully understand what the hell was going on, but what Max did know was that he was getting out of town, and fast. As soon as he could get all of his things packed, and could double check that he had everything he needed, he was getting out of Redstone Town as quickly as possible.

As he shoved his way through the woods, it got darker and darker, indicating that, outside this nightmarish hell, it was night. Various worries plagued his mind, but he shoved them to the back of his mind, wondering if this is some sort of trick made by the, the cult that runs this town. And, if it turns out that he really is missing something, he can always buy a new one. He figured that it was better to be out of town with none of his stuff than to be stuck here and dead.

Something grabbed his shoulder from behind, and he turned and struck at it, wildly, fearing the worst.

"Augh!" The figure bent down, clutching their nose, a few drops of blood dripping onto their light grey and white hoodie. "What was that for?"

"Ross?" Max took in a deep, panicked breath, as he eyed the young man in front of him.

"Max! Where are you going?" Ross kept looking at the ground, not meeting his eyes. The blood on his chest shined, with a light of the similar color.

Where's that light coming from? Max thought, before a sickening memory came to his mind. A humaniod figure, with glowing red eyes, the light that emitted from them like blood. The figure that had attacked him in the forest before he arrived in Redstone Town.

"I-I'm leaving." Max took a few steps back, hopefully out of the younger man's reach. He swallowed fearfully, grip tightening on his bag, ready to swing it at the figure.

"Why? I thought you were starting to get used to it?" Ross still didn't look at him, instead dabbing at his nose with his sleeve. It was turning a damp red.

"No, it's okay, I'm just, uh, leaving. That's all." Max knew his voice was shaking, and he couldn't stop it.

"No, you're not." The voice that emitted from Ross' mouth didn't belong to Ross. Instead, it was a harsh rasp, a growl from some devilish being. A hand shot out, wrapping around Max's throat.

"You're not Ross." Max choked out, as his hands scrabbled uselessly at the fingers locked around his neck. "Who-what are you?" He wheezed, as his vision started to dim around the edges.

The thing wearing Ross' face grinned sinisterly, red eyes glinting like gems. "My name is Sky. And I'm the demon that runs this town." His grin slipped off of Ross' face, overtaken by a vindictive expression. "And I don't remember inviting you to stay here, or giving you my permission to leave." The demon, Sky, tightened his grip, and the last thing Max saw before his vision faded to black was the harsh red shine in the being's eyes.