Chapter 10

Connie almost dropped the phone in shock, mostly at the fact that her daughter had associated being out of breath with being in bed with someone, or more to the point having sex.
"What?! Grace I chose you! I ended my relationship with the man I love for you so don't be accusing me of being in bed with him!" Connie shouted.
Jacob wrapped his arms around her and held her close attempting to calm her down.
"Mum I'm sorry, but why did you lie to me about the phone?" Grace asked.
Connie sighed, "because I was sleeping and didn't hear my phone, I had a nightmare and when I woke up I was quite worked up" she lied.
"Oh... Are you ok? Do you want me to come home? I'm sorry if I upset you" Grace said.

"No it's ok, please stay with Zoe and have a nice time sweetheart" Connie said.
"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow. Night" Grace said.
"Night Gracie" she replied before ending the call.
"Do you want me to leave babe?" Jacob asked her.
"No, of course not. Why would I?" Connie replied.
"I just thought you might, to make sure Grace doesn't have any more reasons to be suspicious" he said.
"I want you to stay Jacob, I need you" Connie told him.
"Ok baby, let's just cuddle now yeah?" Jacob suggested.
"Yes, although you may want to take off that condom. I can't imagine it being to comfortable to sleep in" she laughed.
Jacob smirked and whipped off the condom, throwing it into the bin next to her bed.

They snuggled down under the duvet, Jacob's arms around her waist and her head on his bare chest as she rubbed his arm softly.
"I love you baby" Jacob said softly.
"I love you more muscles" Connie replied with a smile.
"Oh I doubt that sweetcheeks, I very much doubt it" he told her.
Jacob lent in and kissed her gently as he stroked her cheek, "you're so beautiful Connie Beauchamp" he whispered.
"Hmm you aren't so bad yourself Jacob Masters" she replied.
He smiled and held her close, watching her intently.
"What?" Connie asked as she caught him looking at her.

"Marry me?" he asked.
Connie sat up in shock and looked at him, "what?" she asked again.
"Connie Beauchamp, will you marry me?" he asked as he leaned down and picked up his jeans, pulling out a small black box.
"I was going to ask you today after the scan, and before you ask, no it wasn't because I thought you were pregnant and just because of the baby, it's because I love you. I still wanted to ask you but I felt like it wasn't the right time because we were so upset, and I know we are still upset but I've realised this has only made us stronger and I know I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with the most beautiful, intelligent, loving woman on the planet. I know it'll be hard with the way things are, I know Grace has to be your priority but you're mine and I'm never letting you go without a fight, you're my sweetcheeks, my Queen Bee and I promise I will always love you. So Connie, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" Jacob said then opened the ring box.

Connie had tears streaming down her face at the end of his speech, "yes, yes Jacob I'll marry you" she told him.
Jacob broke out into a huge grin and slowly took the ring from the box and slipped it into her finger, "I know you can't wear it all the time, but it looks beautiful on you" he said.
"Jacob it's a gorgeous ring and I will wear it as much as I can" Connie said before pressing a gentle kiss to his lips.
He smiled and held her close to him, "you've made me the happiest man alive" he told her.
"And you've made me the happiest woman" Connie told him.
They laid back down wrapped in each other's embrace, Connie constantly stealing glances between the ring and Jacob who was grinning from ear to ear.
"I'll tell her one day, and she'll have to accept it. I don't know when, because I know right now she's in no place to accept it, but one day because I want my little girl to see how happy I truely am, and it's all down to you" she said.